Jump to content
LCBride2007

Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

Recommended Posts

I've searched to see if there is an answer to this question, but I don't see anything posted previously...

 

Have any of you Las Caletas brides had someone in your family or one of your friends as the MC for the evening? I had asked Kelley before she left and she said that would be fine, but I was just wondering if anyone else had done this. In my mind, there isn't too much to keep going, but I thought it would be a nice way to incorporate some special friends of ours into the wedding, especially since we are not having a wedding party, and to make it a bit more personal.

 

 Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Branya2012 View Post

 

I've searched to see if there is an answer to this question, but I don't see anything posted previously...

 

Have any of you Las Caletas brides had someone in your family or one of your friends as the MC for the evening? I had asked Kelley before she left and she said that would be fine, but I was just wondering if anyone else had done this. In my mind, there isn't too much to keep going, but I thought it would be a nice way to incorporate some special friends of ours into the wedding, especially since we are not having a wedding party, and to make it a bit more personal.

 

 Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Hey Branya, 

I haven't heard much about this either but I'm sure it would work out fine.  Just a thought...if you're not getting legally married in Mexico then you could always consider having a friend do the ceremony. Could help incorporate a family/friend.  Just throwing it out there!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ann,

I saw in your wedding video (which is so helpful, by the way) that you used tan runners on your tables.  Did they supply them or did you bring them?  If they supplied them, did they come at an extra cost?  I also plan on using tan table runners, so just wondering.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone done a pre-wedding site visit months beforehand?  My fiance and I are going in a few months and wondering what you brought along or wish you brought along.  Did you meet the photographer and DJ, or just the wedding coordinator? I'd like to come prepared.  Thanks, everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Las Caletas in October and was married in March. It was nice to do it early. I only got to meet with the coordinator. Spent the entire day at Caletas and it was fun. I would bring any questions you have or can think of- you have them in person and don't wait for an email in that situation! Any inspiration pictures etc....

 

It was worth it to me, since I was already in Puerto Vallarta on Vacation :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, lvietti!  That's what I was thinking.  I think communication will be so much easier in person & with pictures.  We planned our vacation this year around our site visit, too. I heard there is also a Walmart & Sam's Club there, so looking forward to checking them out to see what we can leave at home and buy there (for our welcome bags).  Thanks again for the tips!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi brides! 

I'm starting to research some places for our rehearsal dinner and welcome party.  We're staying at Dreams and I was wondering if anyone has had their rehearsal dinner there.  Will they reserve some space for a larger group?  We will have approx. 40 people.  I've read that there are private options but we are trying to keep costs down.  And we don't want to do the bonfire, because it is too similar to Las Caletas.  I think meeting at one of the hotel bars will be fine for welcome cocktails, but I'm worried about having our rehearsal dinner at the hotel restaurants because of speechs, etc.  What have you done?  Any suggestions or past experiences would be a great help!  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have reviews on LC they haven't posted yet? My wedding is coming up in a month and I want some new feedback! I'm getting excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

My wedding isn't till April 2013 but we got a quote back from our agent for a Friday departure date as Saturday departure dates are still not available.  I was really hoping to leave on a Saturday to save people from having to take the extra vacation day off.  I'm worried that if we wait for a Saturday to become available that the price will be more expensive.  As of right now if we depart Friday the 19th of April 2013 from Toronto it will be 1515$ tax in.   Did you guys wait closer to the wedding date to book???  Any feedback would be awesome!!!  Thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LaLa1116 View Post

 

Ann,

I saw in your wedding video (which is so helpful, by the way) that you used tan runners on your tables.  Did they supply them or did you bring them?  If they supplied them, did they come at an extra cost?  I also plan on using tan table runners, so just wondering.  Thanks!

 

they provided them and there wasn't any extra charge.  i had several colors to choose from.  but i also got married almost 5 years ago, so things may have changed!  i'd be surprised if they charged for them thoughh.

 

Originally Posted by LaLa1116 View Post

 

Hi brides! 

I'm starting to research some places for our rehearsal dinner and welcome party.  We're staying at Dreams and I was wondering if anyone has had their rehearsal dinner there.  Will they reserve some space for a larger group?  We will have approx. 40 people.  I've read that there are private options but we are trying to keep costs down.  And we don't want to do the bonfire, because it is too similar to Las Caletas.  I think meeting at one of the hotel bars will be fine for welcome cocktails, but I'm worried about having our rehearsal dinner at the hotel restaurants because of speechs, etc.  What have you done?  Any suggestions or past experiences would be a great help!  Thanks!

 

we did our "welcome dinner" the night before the wedding at Dreams.  we didn't rehearse anything, because, well, how would we?  but we just got everyone together so they could meet, hang out, and we could thank them.  we had our dinner served on the pool patio area.  well, first we had a cocktail hour and then a sit down dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×