Las Caletas Couples ~ POST HERE!!! (**All LC Brides...PLEASE READ 1st post, red text)

• Please log in to reply
2103 replies to this topic

#2071 gchang55

• Site Supporter
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

for those of you in the planning process, i got married at las caletas in early november.

it really is an amazing venue. the day went by so quickly for me to remember, but all of our friends said it was the best wedding ever. we had about 75 people, we stayed at secrets, which is all inclusive, and absolutely fantastic, as well as adults only. i have no complaints about the resort, it was amazing - beautiful grounds, huge rooms, great food and service.

had our welcome dinner at barcelona tapas, that place is amazing. gorgeous views, great food, we called and talked to the owner william carballo. we paid about 50pp, but my side of the family doesn't drink at all. i would highly recommend checking barcelona tapas out!

las caletas was gorgeous. i gave dramamine to the guests before the boat ride over, the ride can sometimes be choppy. getting ready with my girlfriends was great. the bridal casita can be crowded if you have too many people getting ready at the time same time though. the lunch they provided was so good. hair and makeup were gorgeous. 

the wedding itself was gorgeous. loved chuy, he kept it short but sweet. wish i had been able to take family pictures before, though. our family pictures didn't turn out well because it was so dark.. def take pictures before the ceremony, we did our bridal party ones before and they were much better. food was amazing, wish i had time to eat more of it. dj was great, had given him a song list beforehand. fire dancers are a must! if you can bring sky lanterns i would highly recommend it, they're cheaper to buy on amazon than to get there. 

everyone was pretty rowdy by the time we got on the boat, so the party continued for another hour. 

would highly recommend getting married there. one thing to consider - bringing your own photographer. las caletas is so beautiful your pictures will turn out fine. however, we were a little disappointed with our picture. that was the only thing i would change. the video, on the other hand - was amazing. i absolutely loved it, captured everything. would highly recommend getting a wedding video, that was totally worth the extra money.

#2072 PVbride14

• 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hi Lady's,

Just wondering if anyone know's what time the day tour people leave? I am thinking about having my groom/ groomsmen over early and wondering when they would have access to the spa area they have to get ready.

#2073 melpaegs

• 20 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 24, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

For recent LC brides, can you tell me the prices for the hair/make up done at Las Caletas for both the bride and bridal party?

#2074 melpaegs

• 20 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

Wedding date and resort is officially booked!! We are getting married at LC March 24th and our group is staying at Riu Jalisco in Nuevo Vallarta. After everyone goes home, the hubby and I will be going over to Now Amber for our honeymoon :-)

Colors for the wedding are mint, coral/peach, ivory with touches of lace, wood and burlap. Lots of candles, soft lighting. Theme is vintage travel so if any of you have pictures from LC weddings with colors/themes like this I would love to see them!!

#2075 melpaegs

• 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

Past LC brides: Do any of you have a detailed list of the types of liquor, wine, beer, cocktails, soft drinks, ect that are available during the reception. I want to make a sign of what is available to our wedding guests. Thanks in advance!

#2076 nadiakat17

• 462 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 27, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

Hi everyone, I had some LC questions:

is there anyway to start the ceremony earlier? I heard that there is little time for pictures

Did you feel like the reception time was too short? did you add an extra hour?

What about elderly guests/kids? what did you do if it got late? is there a way for them to get back earlier?

Could you bring any of your DIY stuff? What was the fee?

Was the price for extras worth it?

overall, what was your wedding experience? would you do it again?

#2077 LasCaletas

• Insiders
      • 111 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

hi @nadiakat17 Thanks for your interest in Las Caletas... Can you please send an email to info@adventureweddingsvallarta.com so I can send you all the information you need. It will be a pleasure to give you more details regarding our wedding services. Thank you and have a great day!

Adventure Weddings,

Marissa Lopez

#2078 samantha22

• 19 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 27, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta
        • LocationChicago

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

Hello ladies!

My fiancé and I just booked our wedding for November 2015 in Las Caletas and we are so excited!

We are just looking for resorts (near the main marina). Any suggestions?

Also, for any brides who have recently gotten married on this beautiful island, I would love to hear your experiences and see photos, thanks!

#2079 DisTech

• 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

My guests all stayed at Now Amber (for the most part, 3 stayed at a cheaper resort near there). They couldn't have been happier - everything was wonderful! 

#2080 DisTech

• 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

Also, I recently got married at Las Caletas and would be happy to answer any questions. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users