55 replies to this topic

#21 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by akh
    honestly, if YOU love it though, that's what matters! you sounded like you didn't though ...
    ...and I am not loving the veil after seeing it in pictures. It was spread out when I was playing with it and then holding it up to the dress.
    They were going to order it in mocha, but with ivory trim - the one in the pic is mocha trim.

#22 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
    • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
      Ok first of all, your dress is amazing. It looks so fantastic!! I love love love love it! omg, if I were you I'd sneak back to the salon every week just to try it on again!! lol

As for the veil. It's nice, but I agree, it's a bit off somehow. Can you cancel your order or return it once it gets in?
      I agree.... the dress is stunning, but I am not crazy about the color of the veil.
      KM
      Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#23 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by akh
        since i don't have my pics yet - i had to go through my slideshow to find some examples. i didn't want a big, heavy veil, but i actually thought it would bother me if it were too short - like i thought it would be too bulky or something. my veil was pretty sheer - which is what i wanted.

if you look through my slideshow you can see that the veil was pretty see through, and didn't block the dress - look at slides 37, 45, 47, and 50

Darkroom SlideShare
        I went through the entire slideshow again! Ha! Your wedding was so beautiful! I love the long veil with your dress...

I went through the customizing process on that site for a simple long veil and it was only $31 !
        Thanks for the help! I will talk to the boutique owner tomorrow.
        I feel bad canceling it since I just ordered it. They are so nice though, I hope they understand.

#24 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

awww - thank you!

i am sure they will understand - brides change their mind all of the time! i do feel bad though - did we talk you out of the veil that you really liked? i hope not!

what kind of veil did you get priced out?

#25 PaulaV

PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by akh
            awww - thank you!

i am sure they will understand - brides change their mind all of the time! i do feel bad though - did we talk you out of the veil that you really liked? i hope not!

what kind of veil did you get priced out?
            Ooooh nooo you didn't talk me out of it... I told them I wasn't so sure. You all confirmed it... the pictures did too... I didn't see it bunched up when I was there :)

I closed out of that window, but it was a single layer, 52 inch I think? 3 inch plastic comb, the finish was just 'cut'.

#26 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

very cool - let us know how it turns out!

#27 ajncooter

ajncooter
              • 983 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

love it you look stunning

#28 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Beautiful Paula! I do like the veil, but I must agree, the color doesn't go too well with the train. But its a very nice color.

#29 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

Paula, you look so beautiful! I love your dress! I agree with the others, I know I'm late, but I don't like the color of the veil. And I know exactly what you mean about wanting to have a veil because I do too!! Even if its super windy!! I'm going to try your trick with the weights (I think it was fishing sinkers, right?) I am getting a 1 layer sheer veil too because I don't want it to totally hide the back of my dress. Nothing crazy!

#30 PaulaV

PaulaV
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jilly76
                      Paula, you look so beautiful! I love your dress! I agree with the others, I know I'm late, but I don't like the color of the veil. And I know exactly what you mean about wanting to have a veil because I do too!! Even if its super windy!! I'm going to try your trick with the weights (I think it was fishing sinkers, right?) I am getting a 1 layer sheer veil too because I don't want it to totally hide the back of my dress. Nothing crazy!

Just got off the phone with my MOH. I sent her the pictures too and she said it had to be the lighting because it did not look like that in the store... Anyway...

I am still going to try and cancel the veil.

Where are you getting your veil from Jilly?
                      Yes they were tiny fishing weights, but I guess you can do the same with some little beads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users