Photo

Questions for the TTD'ers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 brecluse

brecluse
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

Hmm, that's the problem my dress is shantung silk so I am worried and if there's the chance it will be ruined I'd rather get another dress to use.

Where did you find the linen dress you used?
    TTD :: Tortola, BVI

#12 brecluse

brecluse
    • 196 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

Ha, never mind, after seeing the pics (wonderful BTW), I think it's a J. Crew dress right?

What about your dress Jessica, what was the fabric?

#13 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

I did a TTD session, but went in the pool. It dried over night, which surprised me. I haven't taken it to the cleaners yet ...afraid of the bill.

I agree that you should direct the novice TTD photographers to examples of what you are expecting or would like. But, really I think once they realize what you want to do they'll have a lot of great suggestions and ideas. I know my photog, Jonathan Thrasher, had a lot of great ideas.....and, I don't think he's done a lot of TTD sessions.

If your dress is silk, I would definitely get a second dress. ..my dress was polyester. :)
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#14 brecluse

brecluse
        • 196 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

Wow Jessalyn, your dress looks amazing in the photos (I thought it was silk because it looks very similar to mine) that's actually what sparked this post.

#15 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

Yeah, I was surprised to read that my dress was polyester (yuck!)....but, it looked nicer than polyester...thank goodness!
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#16 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
            • Banned
            • 386 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

Hey,

I have done lots of trash the dress sessions, and I can't believe how well the dresses hold up. We haven't ruined one yet. One bride even jumped in a dirty shrimping creek and one went in a fountain and you know how those can be! :)

A professional cleaner should definitely be able to clean the dress. With that said, you may want to avoid the session or use another dress if you would be upset if your dress could not be returned to perfect condition. It would suck if you were counting on that and it couldn't be done.

But...if you just want the dress cleaned so that it could be preserved for memories sake...you should be fine!

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users