Helping to pay for guest's connector flights?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HereFishie

• 386 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

FI and I are having a difference of agreement.

We just got our group fares and they're GREAT!

Problem is this:

Some of the departure locations we needed we can't get. So FI is asking me now if we should be offering to pay for those people's connectors so they can get to a location that we have.

I don't know what the etiquette is here... is this something we should be taking on??

#2 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

I personally would say no. That just doesn't seem like it should be your concern, I mean it's thoughtful but usually guests make their own flight arrangements...it's not your fault now all the connections can be sorted.

#3 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:49 AM

definitely not... almost always, except for those with LOTS of money, the etiquette is that guests pay for their own airfare and accommodations. The only thing I would mention is that sometimes some of your guests may be really down and out but would love to attend, and in those situations it is up to you if you would like to discuss subsidizing their travel expenses. But as for paying for all of your guests connector flights? no way! :)
        Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#4 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:51 AM

I agree with the other girls. You do not have to pay for anyones flights unless you wanted to and you could afford it! We didnt and we couldnt afford to do it either.

#5 SSNM

• 675 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

I agree. You do not need to pay for connecting flights. Let the guests figure it out. If they want to be there, they will find a way.

Think of it as if you were a guest being invited to a wedding; would you expect the bridegroom to pay for your connecting flight, or would you just pay your own way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users