Photo

Hand addressing invites?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 red1der1

red1der1
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:51 PM

I could care less if an ivite is handwritten or not. The envelope is just getting throw away anyways. Do whatever your comfortable with.

#22 KJT1985

KJT1985
    • 694 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

Thanks guys. I decided to just go with hand addressing them. There's no inner envelope so it's the only part of the invite that will be personal...unless I decide to put people's names on the pocketfold. AND they're already done. I did get really pissed when I told my fiance how long the calligraphy pen was taking to dry and five minutes later he starts rubbing his hands over them causing them to smudge! :@ I'm just going to pretend like the post office did it...haha

#23 primandpixie

primandpixie
      • 30 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

For future reference, You can have a company do envelope printing for you and it will look beautiful and professional. Often times you can use a "calligraphy font" that looks handwritten but is actually printed on a printer. Another way to make an envelope look special is to place a graphical element on the envelope such as a frame or graphic from your invitation suite. Calligraphy is also an option but can be more expensive.

#24 KJT1985

KJT1985
        • 694 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by primandpixie
          For future reference, You can have a company do envelope printing for you and it will look beautiful and professional. Often times you can use a "calligraphy font" that looks handwritten but is actually printed on a printer. Another way to make an envelope look special is to place a graphical element on the envelope such as a frame or graphic from your invitation suite. Calligraphy is also an option but can be more expensive.
          Thanks! I really didn't want to spend more money on something that will go in the trash so doing it myself worked out ok.

#25 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
          • 336 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

I hand wrote about 125 alone... my MOE was suppose to come help but she got busy... oh well, I wanted it to be personalized.
            Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
            http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
            http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#26 primandpixie

primandpixie
            • 30 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KJT1985
              Thanks! I really didn't want to spend more money on something that will go in the trash so doing it myself worked out ok.
              We completely understand and it definitely is a personal preference as to where to budget your money. We are sure your guests will love them and appreciate that you took the time to hand do them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users