Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#3441 ashley490

ashley490
  • Newbie
  • 136 posts

    Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

    I think what the other brides did was just make friends with one or two bartenders (any of them) the days leading up to the wedding.  Maybe even ask them ahead of time if they'd be willing to do that for you and of course offer a tip.  The beer in the room is also Caribe....the resort only serves Red Stripe on tap.  Past brides have just left a note and a tip for their maid asking for extra beer the days leading up to the wedding and "stock piled" it so to speak until the big day.  Then they just had it all brought down to the reception site by one of the members of their wedding party...No Problem! lol!  They'd also ask Chandlyn to have a table set up with cups and ice, which seemed like they had no trouble arranging.


    I could be wrong, but I think they only use square tables.  The wedding coordinators have said in the past that the tables fit 8-10 people.  If you really want round tables I'd say just ask and maybe they can accommodate your request.  For me personally, I had my whole group seated at one long table all together.  There were only 23 of us so it worked out well.  I actually felt like I got to visit with my guests during the dinner rather than being seated away from them....but that was just my preference.

    Originally Posted by kdaly 

    Thank you for the Info!  So do I go to any bartender and ask them for that and for the beer drinkers are you able to bring down beer from the room to the gazebo?  Did you get to decide between round or long tables?   It really doesn't matter to me one way or another but all this stuff is good to know in planning.  This is sooo exciting and thanks again girls for being so helpful!



     


    Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

    #3442 cdnbridelinzy

    cdnbridelinzy
    • Newbie
    • 50 posts

      Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

      No, it was only $1700 and that price includes it being private for dinner and ur reception. I was set on having a semi private dinner at the dolce and then renting out the gazebo, but it will be nice to not have to move everyone from from spot to another.

      #3443 kdaly

      kdaly
      • Newbie
      • 22 posts

        Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

        Thanks so much for the Info Ashley!!  That is such a good idea, my fiance is so worried about people having fun and being able to drink but I just can't justify paying 23/person for 2 hours so that makes more sense to me!  The long table idea sounds so intimate i really like that idea but wonder if that would work for my group ( we have between 40-50)  so most likely I will have to do the standard square tables.  Either way I'm excited!  I really want to try and make things for the tables and bring them down with me so i don't have to worry about much when I'm down there.  Did you girls get flowers from the resort for your bouquets, i was wondering if you were happy with them or if I should try to think of another idea.



        #3444 ashley490

        ashley490
        • Newbie
        • 136 posts

          Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

          I think 40-50 people would be a little too much for one long table.  If you want a little intimate touch perhaps you and your husband can serve the cake/dessert to guests.  We did that and it gave a more "at home" feeling as that's what we do when we have company over for supper...we serve dessert :) 

          Don't worry about people having fun.  They'll all be on vacation mode so they'll be having fun regardless.  Most folks also bring larger travel mugs of some type with them so you can always suggest to guests ahead of time to fill up their travel mugs before heading down to the gazebo, that way they'll for sure have something they like to drink :) 

          If you do end up bringing things down to be placed on the tables I highly recommend giving it to someone in your wedding party to look after.  We had brought fans down for all of our guests and had given them to Chandlyn to distribute.  I guess she gave them to Donnalee, and Donnalee gave them to some trainee and they ended up being given to a wedding earlier in the day, so I had spent money on something for my guests that they didn't end up receiving. 

          I didn't end up using the flowers included in the resort package.  I upgraded and paid the difference.  We did however use the same florist that the resort would've used, Tai Flora, so we got a small discount (the cost of what the flowers included in our package would've been) and applied it to our total bill.  I got bouquets for me and my bridesmaids, and bouts for my husband, groomsmen, and ring bearers - I can't remember exactly but our bill was around $450, which is very comparable to what we would've paid here.  I was very happy with the flowers, they were exactly what I had asked for, and the lady from the flower shop (Jennivie) was fantastic to deal with.  The flowers didn't wilt until late the next day which was great because I was able to use them in our trash the dress session that we did the morning after the wedding.

           

          Originally Posted by kdaly View Post

          Thanks so much for the Info Ashley!!  That is such a good idea, my fiance is so worried about people having fun and being able to drink but I just can't justify paying 23/person for 2 hours so that makes more sense to me!  The long table idea sounds so intimate i really like that idea but wonder if that would work for my group ( we have between 40-50)  so most likely I will have to do the standard square tables.  Either way I'm excited!  I really want to try and make things for the tables and bring them down with me so i don't have to worry about much when I'm down there.  Did you girls get flowers from the resort for your bouquets, i was wondering if you were happy with them or if I should try to think of another idea.



           


          Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

          #3445 pask454

          pask454
          • Newbie
          • 75 posts

            Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

            Does anyone know if the "free" Bridesmaid's bouqets can be used as the centerpieces - I only have two...do you recommend I get extra flowers for the centerpieces? I will be eating at the dolce..then moving to gazebo...only 20-30 guests.

            Thanks



            #3446 kdaly

            kdaly
            • Newbie
            • 22 posts

              Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

              Wow, i can't believe they made a mistake like that!  I bet you were livid!  I don't think they realize how much time, effort and money brides put into those cute details.  I'm so sorry that happened to you!  As for the flowers thats great advice, I will definetely check them out!  Would you recommend me asking chandlyn if we can bring down our own beer and liquor or is that already allowed.  I just don't know if I should risk asking her and her saying no because she wants us to spend the extra money on open bar.  My fiance said that maybe we could bring in some of our own alcohol, do they allow that?



              #3447 BusyBee123

              BusyBee123
              • Jr. Member
              • 335 posts

                Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

                I used the bouquets that I ordered for my bridesmaids in the centrepieces for our reception at the Dolce.  I just got the girls to give them to Donnalee before the reception, and then they got them back afterwards.  I don't have any of my pro pics, but here's one that a friend took.  Unfortunately they didn't push the stem all the way down in the vase, but I definitely didn't notice that night. 

                 

                Does anyone know if the "free" Bridesmaid's bouqets can be used as the centerpieces - I only have two...do you recommend I get extra flowers for the centerpieces? I will be eating at the dolce..then moving to gazebo...only 20-30 guests.

                Thanks



                 



                #3448 pask454

                pask454
                • Newbie
                • 75 posts

                  Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

                  Thanks. They look amazing! Did you have to bring the vases/rocks down with you, or did they supply them?



                  #3449 ashley490

                  ashley490
                  • Newbie
                  • 136 posts

                    Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

                    I think bringing your own alcohol is already allowed but I would probably just confirm with Chandlyn as it seems there has been some changes in the last few weeks.  Better to know the rules ahead of time and be prepared than to get down there and find out that you have to spend extra money on a bartender that you didn't budget for.  I think they would probably allow you to bring your own bottles of alcohol because some of the shops in the resort shopping center sell bottles which will still generate business/money.

                     

                    Originally Posted by kdaly View Post

                    Wow, i can't believe they made a mistake like that!  I bet you were livid!  I don't think they realize how much time, effort and money brides put into those cute details.  I'm so sorry that happened to you!  As for the flowers thats great advice, I will definetely check them out!  Would you recommend me asking chandlyn if we can bring down our own beer and liquor or is that already allowed.  I just don't know if I should risk asking her and her saying no because she wants us to spend the extra money on open bar.  My fiance said that maybe we could bring in some of our own alcohol, do they allow that?



                     


                    Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

                    #3450 BusyBee123

                    BusyBee123
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 335 posts

                      Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

                      I bought cheap $1.00 vases at the dollar store and a bag of rocks that cost me I think $4.00.  Then I just brought a ton of tea lights and little seashells to put out on the table!  Wasn't heavy to pack and definitely did the trick!  Donnalee also used some of my extra chair ties to drape on the cake table and table we had set up with the sky lanterns which was a nice touch.  
                       

                      Originally Posted by pask454 

                      Thanks. They look amazing! Did you have to bring the vases/rocks down with you, or did they supply them?



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users