Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#2191 MrsAprilDewees

MrsAprilDewees
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

My group should be the same way! Pretty relaxed and all about having a good time! My FI didnt think it was worth the $500, so that was kind of that! hehe. Who cares though, we'll be in JAMAICA!!! I'm so excited! lol

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We also aren't renting the gazebo and rather are just going to go to the disco when it opens!  My group is the type of group where we can make our own fun and party wherever so Im not to worried about it!

#2192 greatbritain

greatbritain
    • 171 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

I'm considering renting the gazebo just to have the "first dance" and all that sort of jazz. That's about the most traditional element of my wedding and I haven't decided if I am ready to get rid of it yet but I really don't see anything wrong with just having everyone go to the one of the bars afterwards and then on to the disco for those who are interested. I am still on the fence with that one, especially since I don't want to pay additionally for bartenders to be there so it might just be easier to meet at the bar and enjoy ourselves there! I am also getting married here, I just think it would be easier!

Originally Posted by jen2012 

I'm new to this!  I'm very close to booking my wedding at GBP for March 2012 and reading some of the messages on here has been great!  I don't think I'll be reserving the gazebo/DJ/bar for the reception, would the hotel bars be suitable for partying afterwards?  We're also planning on getting married here (Ontario) first...is anyone else doing it that way?  Less paperwork on the Jamaica side of things! 

#2193 greatbritain

greatbritain
      • 171 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:44 AM

April, did you let the planners know you are just interested in a civil ceremony as you will be already legally married prior to arrival? I let them know but they didn't make any mention of it so I wasn't sure if they understood or were ok with it! I selected the free package and am just adding additional things and I mentioned that but they didn't confirm or make mention of it in my response. Just curious if they addressed it at all with you!

Originally Posted by MrsAprilDewees 

Welcome welcome!!!! I'm actually getting married prior to going to Jamaica. IT is easier and all of our paperwork will be local if we need copies and this and that!!!

Haven't decided on the gazebo either, but I have been  to this resort and had an absolute blast there, so I'm getting married there!

Are the bars suitable for partying afterwards, in my opinion, not really. The bars are more walk up and order a drink and thats about it. You could stand around there, but it's not like a club bar, unless you're in the disco which (if I remember correctly) opens around 11. You can always have guests meet up in the lobby bar which is semi indoors, but it would be a little more intimate. No dance area though, but it'd be ok for cocktails with your guests!

I plan to have guests meet us at the disco when it opens after our formal dinner reception. It'll give them a chance to relax, shower, do whatever they want to do before really having a party!!! ^_^

#2194 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:48 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought a civil ceremony was the legal ceremony, and the symbolic ceremony was not legal.

Originally Posted by greatbritain 

April, did you let the planners know you are just interested in a civil ceremony as you will be already legally married prior to arrival? I let them know but they didn't make any mention of it so I wasn't sure if they understood or were ok with it! I selected the free package and am just adding additional things and I mentioned that but they didn't confirm or make mention of it in my response. Just curious if they addressed it at all with you!

#2195 greatbritain

greatbritain
        • 171 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

I very well could have mixed it up, I'm 9 months pregnant (today is my due date) and I am a little out of sorts...but you get the idea! My question is still the same :)

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought a civil ceremony was the legal ceremony, and the symbolic ceremony was not legal.

#2196 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

Congrats!!!  I bet you can't wait to get that little baby out!  I hope everything goings well!

I very well could have mixed it up, I'm 9 months pregnant (today is my due date) and I am a little out of sorts...but you get the idea! My question is still the same :)

#2197 MrsAprilDewees

MrsAprilDewees
          • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

CONGRATS about the baby miss!! That's exciting enough in itself!!

As far your question. I let them know I wanted the free package and a symbolic wedding. She just told me I would need to send them a copy of the marriage license (not certificate) 2 months in advance, along with our IDs and something else. She didn't ask me about it a lot, but I did tell her and got that guidance. I can always e-mail you her response about it if you like!

#2198 ashley490

ashley490
            • 136 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm just wondering if any past brides had the Hat Field dancers perform at their wedding?  I've booked them for evening entertainment but thought it'd be nice to hear some reviews.  Thanks in advance!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, Runaway Bay - January 18, 2012

#2199 tamandrob

tamandrob
              • 349 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

Sounds like it will be great for the beach! I get mine in September so I will be sure to post pics then!

Originally Posted by FleetMac bride 

Thanks TomandRob and Acw I am so happy. I tried on about 5 dresses and I loved this one it's light believe it or not and I am cutting the underneath out of it too. Would love to see pics of your dresses too

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#2200 greatbritain

greatbritain
                • 171 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

Thank you! I'm still waiting to hear back from when I e-mailed asking about what time the reception dinner will be after the ceremony so when I finally hear back about that, I will remind them about the free package/symbolic wedding. I am really trying to stick to a low budget and am really proud at how I'm doing so far (thanks in large part to ideas from here!!) but also because I have been so easy going and the Gran Bahia really offers the biggest bang for your buck.

Originally Posted by MrsAprilDewees 

CONGRATS about the baby miss!! That's exciting enough in itself!!

As far your question. I let them know I wanted the free package and a symbolic wedding. She just told me I would need to send them a copy of the marriage license (not certificate) 2 months in advance, along with our IDs and something else. She didn't ask me about it a lot, but I did tell her and got that guidance. I can always e-mail you her response about it if you like!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users