Photo

Sand ceremony!?!? I want to take my sand from the beach!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vdaybride

vdaybride
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:10 AM

I know the saying is "don't bring sand to the beach," but I want to bring a hubby and my sand from the beach. What are you ladies doing for the sand ceremony and are you planning to bring it (the sand) home with you, if so how?!?!
    Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#2 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

I plan on taking some sand from the beach for a base and then pour the coloured sand to match my colours. As far as how I am bringing it to Jamaica, I will leave it in the bags that it comes in until I arrive then put it in the vases that I will be using to pour into the main vase.
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#3 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
      • 2,528 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

this might be a supid question, but do the sand ceremony vases have a way to close so that the sand doesn't go everywhere?? lol
        Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by vdaybride
          I know the saying is "don't bring sand to the beach," but I want to bring a hubby and my sand from the beach. What are you ladies doing for the sand ceremony and are you planning to bring it (the sand) home with you, if so how?!?!
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by nsbride2010
          this might be a supid question, but do the sand ceremony vases have a way to close so that the sand doesn't go everywhere?? lol
          I did the same thing as sunstarsmoon is doing...I used colored sand and I used sand from the beach as the base color. I kept the colored sand in the bags that they were shipped in & the day before the wedding I put some sand from the beach in a ziploc bag & gave everything to the WC.

Getting the sand ceremony set home was not a problem for me. I used the same box that the vase's came in along with bubble wrap.
          I wrapped each vase with bubble wrap & then wrapped thick hand towels around them. I then put them in the same box it came in and then put them in my carry on to make sure that they didn't break. They got home just fine & all in one piece.

Here are a few threads discussing the topic:
          http://bestdestinati....ony-set-41870/

http://bestdestinati....ny-home-48568/

#5 Kelitaw

Kelitaw
          • 512 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

We are planning on using sand from the beach where the ceremony is taking place as the base for the sand ceremony. However, we are not using colored sand - we are using sand from two beaches from home that are significant to us. Before flying back to the States we'll give some sand to each of our parents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users