KRama

Calgary Brides!

Hey Pam

Thanks for the info.  I'm leaning towards taking it to Connie, I've heard good things :)  Definitly love the idea of the sweetheart neckline!!!  My dress is sweetheart and it really looks great.  My dress should be here around Dec (I hope) since we are getting married in Feb.  Hope to hear how it goes for you.  I too have some weight to loose and hope that I can do that before - man it's tuff!!!  I'm an emotional eater so I'm sure it's going to get harder the closer we get to the day.

Originally Posted by pamphilia View Post

Hey Linds,

I haven't taken my dress into her yet, I just gave her a call yesterday.  I asked her how much it would be to turn a wedding dress from zip back to corset back, and she gave me $100.  I also asked if she could quote me for turning it into a sweetheart neckline, but she said she would have to see it (which makes total sense).  So I will take my dress in one day so she can look at it.  My wedding is in January, and I will probably take it into her in November.  I just want to lose a bit of weight first if I can.  I will also need just a tiny one point bustle, and maybe a raise of the hem - but I am hoping to get it all for under $200.

Pam - I think altering it into a sweetheart is a great idea! That's the one big thing that I liked more about the Maggie. Keep us in the loop about your alterations! (and I hope we get to see picture afterwards!)

Natalie - You're back!!! That's fantastic! :)

Nope....not a word. I am starting to freak out!!!! We leave for Mexico in less than a month & I ordered it the beginning of February :(

Originally Posted by T&C View Post

Meldal - Any word on your dress? I'd be freaking out!

Oops - sorry. I won't tell you that the Maggie is absolutely breathtaking.

I would add a sweetheart to the DB. I think it's way more flattering on you.

Originally Posted by pamphilia View Post

*sob*  stop complimenting the maggie!!  LOL.

i have decided to keep the DB dress and it is killing me :P

Pam, I totally agree about the neckline.  I think that was the one thing that made me love the Maggie dress over the DB one.  The bottom of the DB dress is soooo much nicer in my opinion.

Not sure if any of you ladies are signed up for the Dealfind emails... but this one came through today for a body wrap and teeth-whitening.  Not sure if it actually works or not, but for $59 I'm willing to test it out haha!  Planning to go in for a session right before I go dress shopping ;)  http://www.dealfind.com/calgary/rejuvehealthandwellness?a=96278dcacad1

Thanks for the link, I jumped on this!!!  Let us know how it is when you go.  I'm going to try it out before I leave for Cuba cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post

Pam, I totally agree about the neckline.  I think that was the one thing that made me love the Maggie dress over the DB one.  The bottom of the DB dress is soooo much nicer in my opinion.

Not sure if any of you ladies are signed up for the Dealfind emails... but this one came through today for a body wrap and teeth-whitening.  Not sure if it actually works or not, but for $59 I'm willing to test it out haha!  Planning to go in for a session right before I go dress shopping ;)  http://www.dealfind.com/calgary/rejuvehealthandwellness?a=96278dcacad1

Pam thanks for the info on Connie's alterations. I thought adding a corset would be way more than $100! Let us know how your dress turns out. And I agree with the other ladies that adding a sweetheart to the DB dress would look fantastic!