So, we are supposed to be getting our invites hopefully be the end of this week. Our friend is doing them and it's literally taken almost 2 months to get them designed because this isn't her full time job.

Anyway, so we have had our website up and people are aware of it since early Sept, and we are leaving April 30th. I was feeling selfish and wanted everyone to reply by end of december because i figured i would need at least a month to call everyone back and figure out what they are *really* doing since apparently people don't actually use the rsvp!

Anyway, so since the invites have taken forever, and December 31t was a stupid date to put on them, I want to include a little insert (bus. card size) saying the the invite has been extended to January 31t. It's too late since it's gone to printers, but we haven't mailed so have this option.

1. Do you think jan 31st is reasonable for april 30th departure? Seeing as there are oot bag, and seating, and all that stuff to organize.

2. Is this tacky?

3. Can you think of a cute little blurb/quote/poem to put on the card? something rhymy perhaps?? I'm not super creative.

Thanks!!

I think Jan 31 is fine. Some people would say more, some would say less, but in the end it's 3 months....

Rather than adding the card and explaining it all, is there any way that you could buy more of the paper on which it's being printed (and if you're printing on cardstock, see if they have a regular text weight in the same style so it's thin)? If so, I'd just print the new date, and cut it out as small as you can and glue it on over the old date. (Even better if it's on white and you can just use a regular white label) That way you don't have to explain it, etc.

Good luck!

Lara - we're getting married april 16th and I used January 31 as my RSVP date, so clearly I think its great timing! Haha! My main reason was that it was into the new year so my guests would likely have a better idea of vacation time, work demands etc. but at the same time it would still give me enough time to get some of my OOT items ordered (like the mugs that cost more) and be able to tell our wedding coordinator how many we should be expecting.

As for the change on your invites, I agree with the last comment that if it's easy enough to match you could totally just cover it up and save yourself some explaining. If it was your actual wedding date that you needed to change then it would be a bit different story, but I don't think people will mind that its the RSVP date.

On the other hand if matching is too tricky, you could deliberately draw attention to it. I know this sound backwards but I'm thinking you could do something like attach the new date with one of the puffy 3-D squares (Zots I think they're called) so that it adds a little definition to the date. Or make small little reminder magnets or stickers to go on the calendar and cover up your old date with the adhesive to hold that on.

i think you definitely have options to change it and just have to figure out what works best based on what your invites look like. Good luck!!

I guess I'm tacky then! :) just kidding - but I had to actually change my wedding date. I did all of the invites myself and they took FOREVER, so I just added a little tag using the same paper, ink and ribbon saying 'due to circumstances beyond our control....' and this was my actual wedding date.

I think whatever you choose will be just fine--- the ladies above had some great ideas! I wish I would have thought of these!!

I think Jan 31. is fine. Our was Sept 15 for a Nov 21 wedding. We are a little over 4 weeks out and some people STILL don't know for sure. An RSVP date means NOTHING to some people!!

We didn't have RSVP cards, just because they didn't make sense to us, so I printed out (on our home computer) business cards that told them to contact us if they were a definite no and reply on our website so we could easily keep track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
I think Jan 31 is fine. Some people would say more, some would say less, but in the end it's 3 months....

Rather than adding the card and explaining it all, is there any way that you could buy more of the paper on which it's being printed (and if you're printing on cardstock, see if they have a regular text weight in the same style so it's thin)? If so, I'd just print the new date, and cut it out as small as you can and glue it on over the old date. (Even better if it's on white and you can just use a regular white label) That way you don't have to explain it, etc.

Good luck!

That's a great idea! however, i really don't want to ask her to do anything else. This has dragged on FOREVER and i don't want to go back and ask her to deliver more cardstock and reprint it all over again.
The invite is boarding pass style with a perforated end to tear off and return. The rsvp date is already small so it sounds like it would be really easy, but not sure i want to go there with her. Maybe i will try a white sticker label and just get the font she used....hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post

On the other hand if matching is too tricky, you could deliberately draw attention to it. I know this sound backwards but I'm thinking you could do something like attach the new date with one of the puffy 3-D squares (Zots I think they're called) so that it adds a little definition to the date. Or make small little reminder magnets or stickers to go on the calendar and cover up your old date with the adhesive to hold that on.

i think you definitely have options to change it and just have to figure out what works best based on what your invites look like. Good luck!!
This is also a great idea. Thanks for your suggestion. I'm just not graphically knowledgeable so this all sounds like it's so complicated!! haha

Thanks for the suggestions!! I will get the invites hopefully in the next few days and then see what might work best given the size.

Lady Trunck! I totally didn't mean to offend with my comment on switching your wedding date! I only used it as a distinction for whether or not you could get away with using a cover-up of some sort vs. including an explanation for your guests.

As was mentioned some people don't have much regard for the RSVP date, and i think those change more often as you go anyways, whereas with a change to the wedding date I think you did it right by including a quick line about it. Bad wording on my part because I totally don't think its tacky!! It just happens!

Lara - stickers and magnets are surprisingly easy DIY projects. I'd never done them before either but it was pretty quick.

Have you made anything in Powerpoint before? For my magnets, I just made a small image and text, then copy and pasted as many times as I needed! Then you buy the sheets at Staples to print at home (magnet sheets are just like a full sheet of paper, so you can cram anything on there without worrying about customizing to specific sizes... stickers can be like this too, but sometimes come in set sizes similar to shipping labels. Just double check when purchasing).

I think you have the right idea to wait and see how the invites look and then decide what you want to do. If you need more help just let me know!!

P.S. I have friends and family that live in Waterloo and I really miss it there! The fall season here is nothing like it is there sad.gif