Photo

New here and newly engaged...Heart Set on Destination Wedding!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:39 AM

Hi Brooke! welcome to the forum!

#12 bholthof

bholthof
    • Banned
    • 323 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:13 AM

Welcome & have fun planning! Check out the Cuba and DR rooms to get you started - theres lots of info in there!

I'm a Cuba bride-to-be, so go ahead and ask if you have any questions!
      21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#13 tracyann

tracyann
      • 189 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:38 AM

Welcome and Congrats! You will find lots of info here on the DR and cuba weddings.

#14 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
        • 401 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

What a nice group, thanks for the warm welcome. I am sure I will have plenty of questions as we start to plan our wedding. I was most nervous at bringing up the idea of a DW to my Mom (who thinks we should just have a backyard bbq and nix the whole idea of a wedding!) But she said she understood and that its our day and she will support whatever we end up choosing. :)
          Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#15 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
          • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

Welcome! It sounds like you've traveled a lot. You are sure to feel right at home here. It will be fun to get some feedback from some of your travels.

#16 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#17 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
              • 2,171 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

Welcome to the forum! Where in Canada are you from? I am in BC. The DR is a great location..... I have yet to visit Cuba! You will love it here - the information is so helpful and the ideas are so inspiring! Any questions just ask :)

Robyn

#18 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
                • 401 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

I am in Ontario...I narrowed the list down to the DR or Cuba because I lived in the DR for three years and Cuba is just a beautiful place. I think we are leaning more toward Cuba though...who can resist those gorgeous white sand beaches.

Yes I have done a bit of traveling. More like I've been a bit of a gypsy and moving place to place. I lived in California and bummed around LA for awhile and then NYC for four years, working in the TV industry and then moved back to Canada and moved straight to Sosua, DR. Everyone always said it would take a good man to settle me down and they were right. Funnily enough with all the different places I have lived, the man I am going to marry is from the same small town of 2500 that I am from!

I look forward to getting to know you all a lot more in the coming months...But I warn that I am on dial up internet right now (live out in the country!) So I may not be as active as I would like!!!
                  Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#19 chevy14

chevy14
                  • 183 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

Welcome to the site! I'm from Ontario too, engaged to a guy from the same small town I grew up in and having a Cuba wedding so we have lots in common!

Happy planning :)

#20 chirorach

chirorach
                    • 200 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Welcome to the forum! I have learned so many valuable wedding tips on this website. Hope you have as great of luck as me! Congrats and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users