Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JaimeLynne

Picking a date is driving me NUTS-O!

Recommended Posts

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I am really a ppl pleaser so this is a tough one for me!!!

 

Kate (Lala), are you paying a lot extra to do your wedding in Dec.??

 

Hopefully the decisions will get easier from here...

 

Btw, no one has answered my question: When should you have your date chosen?? Is there a general rule on this?

 

P.S. The wine at dinner did me good friday.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime....I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer to this question...but I personally decided on a location that I wanted first, then decided on a date I would like and I thought would work for the most important people then I checked to see if available. It was, so we went with it. Then I had to change the date to a couple days sooner and it was still available. Then, I wanted to change hotels and my date wasn't available for that hotel...

 

So, I would say pick a couple dates within the main time frame you want (nov, dec, etc...) and pick a couple locations you want and then go with it and see what works and what is available.

 

Just know, that things do book quickly, so I would say at least decide a year a head of time. When I first picked my date it was a year ahead and now I wanted to change it at 11 mo prior to and that place was booked....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K, so this is what I've found in regards to Holidays in the U.S.:

 

USA Federal Holidays and Celebrations

Work schedules may or may not be affected by these holidays.

 

* New Year's Day, January 1st.

* Birthday of Martin Luther King, third Monday in January.

* Inauguration Day, January 20th every four years, starting in 1937.

* Washington's Birthday, third Monday in February since 1971; prior to that year, it was celebrated on the traditional date of February 22.

* Inauguration Day, March 4th every four years, pre-1937.

* Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May.

* Memorial Day, last Monday in May since 1971; from 1868 to 1970 it was celebrated on May 30, and was called Decoration Day for part of that time.

* Flag Day, June 14th.

* United States of America's Independence Day, July 4.

* Labor Day, first Monday in September.

* Columbus Day, second Monday in October (federal holiday since 1971).

* Election Day, Tuesday on or after November 2.

* Veterans Day, November 11th (except from 1971 to 1977, inclusive, when it was celebrated on the fourth Monday in October; formerly known as Armistice).

* Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday in November.

* Christmas Day, December 25th. I have finally included this since it is a federal holiday, although it is not based on a secular holiday.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Those in bold are our top choices, Memorial Day being #1. That would be May 25th, 2009. Ooooh, I'm getting excited now! Keep your fingers crossed for me, I think May would be PERFECT! wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime...are you thinking May of 2008 or 2009?? Your profile says summer of 09. I am getting Married Memorial Day weekend of 2008!!! It was going to be memorial day but now it's the saturday. Just thought I would mention!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
K, so this is what I've found in regards to Holidays in the U.S.:

USA Federal Holidays and Celebrations
Work schedules may or may not be affected by these holidays.

* New Year's Day, January 1st.
* Birthday of Martin Luther King, third Monday in January.
* Inauguration Day, January 20th every four years, starting in 1937.
* Washington's Birthday, third Monday in February since 1971; prior to that year, it was celebrated on the traditional date of February 22.
* Inauguration Day, March 4th every four years, pre-1937.
* Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May.
* Memorial Day, last Monday in May since 1971; from 1868 to 1970 it was celebrated on May 30, and was called Decoration Day for part of that time.
* Flag Day, June 14th.
* United States of America's Independence Day, July 4.
* Labor Day, first Monday in September.
* Columbus Day, second Monday in October (federal holiday since 1971).
* Election Day, Tuesday on or after November 2.
* Veterans Day, November 11th (except from 1971 to 1977, inclusive, when it was celebrated on the fourth Monday in October; formerly known as Armistice).
* Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday in November.
* Christmas Day, December 25th. I have finally included this since it is a federal holiday, although it is not based on a secular holiday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those in bold are our top choices, Memorial Day being #1. That would be May 25th, 2009. Ooooh, I'm getting excited now! Keep your fingers crossed for me, I think May would be PERFECT! wink.gif
i got married memorial weekend and it was a FANTASTIC time as the weather us super...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle08 View Post
Jaime...are you thinking May of 2008 or 2009?? Your profile says summer of 09. I am getting Married Memorial Day weekend of 2008!!! It was going to be memorial day but now it's the saturday. Just thought I would mention!!
We're thinking '09 if it's earlier in the year, '08 if it's later (Nov, etc.). Does that make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
i got married memorial weekend and it was a FANTASTIC time as the weather us super...
Sounds like I'm on the right track! elefant.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rates are the high season rates in December - just because it's in that Oct - March window. I'm not paying extra for vendors or anything. Our per person room rate at Dreams for the room block was $180.

 

Brett wanted me to put this guy in here.

smile67.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
hey jaimelynne,

i was just thinking tonight...what about a long weekend like "veteran's day"? (nov. 11)..because then you get a 3 day weekend so they would only really need to take the kids out of school for 1 day.

and you have a great date 11/11
I just saw this post. Veteran's Day might be a good option as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
The rates are the high season rates in December - just because it's in that Oct - March window. I'm not paying extra for vendors or anything. Our per person room rate at Dreams for the room block was $180.

Brett wanted me to put this guy in here.
smile67.gif
Wow, $180/night? Oh wait, that's per person/per night not just per night right?? Which Dreams are you going with?

Btw, love the swordsman! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×