The Royal Playa Del Carmen, El Dorado Royale, Secrets Capri or Dreams Riviera Cancun?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mandiland

• 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

We have narrowed our otel choices for our wedding down to:
    The Royal Playa Del Carmen
    El Dorado Royale
    Secrets Capri
    Dreams Riviera Cancun

I just can't decide...has anyone been comparing any of these

#2 SDbeachgirl

• 393 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

We are getting married at Dreams Riviera Cancun. It just opened a little over 1 week ago and so far the reviews have been pretty good. The pictures look beautiful. I have heard good things about the Royal Play Del Carmen and had considered that prior to deciding on Dreams. I believe my main concerns were:

1. It is adults only and I knew I had at least a couple of friends who would bring kids.
      2. It was a little more expensive to stay at than Dreams RC

While there is a sister resort next to it that is less expensive and allows kids, I thought it would be nice to have everyone at the same resort.

Other than that, I think the Royal is a great option. We know of people who got married there and one of the guests said the resort was amazing!

I did not look into El Dorado or Secrets.

#3 dcheung1111

• 68 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

I'm getting married at the Royal next month. It took me awhile to decide but ultimately, I didn't want my guests to feel stranded on the hotel, so with the Royal being right in town it sounded perfect. Also, all reviews on the hotel are positive from food to service. That also helped!

#4 jamk32179

• 341 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:10 AM

I stayed at the Royal for a wedding last October. We had a great experience, loved the double jacuzzi's in each room, the food, hammocks on the patios and the close proximity to the main part of town. We never felt "trapped" like some resorts make you feel when you are so secluded. I am getting ready to start planning my wedding at the Royal.
          September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#5 MrsMiller

• 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:37 AM

I chose the Royal for my wedding. I'm actually going down there next month for a site inspection. Can't wait!
            Good luck choosing a location!

#6 FutureMrsYak

• 372 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

Im going to have my wedding at the Real, then the wedding night, and 3 nights following my FI and I will transfer to the Royal. From the reviews it sounds like the Real isn't AS crowded so you can have a tad bit more of a private wedding ceremony.

#7 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:03 PM

Making this decision is one of the hardest. My advice is to make a list of must have's and don't wants and compare each of them.

We went with the Royal for a variety of reasons (all-inclusive, adults only, location in playa where all the action is and private reception on the beach).

Best of luck,

#8 jennib31

• 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:16 AM

Hello there - We chose the El Dorado. It is close to the Cancun airport for cheaper flights from anywhere and had the authentic feel i was looking for. I got a good deal and i prefered the adults only. I went with a place that had less expensive rooms for my guests but for my financee and I, it wasn't the cheapest. Overall I think it was the best choice for us!

Good luck!

#9 Nathan

• 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

I at first booked Dreams Riviera Cancun but i have now cancelled. The beach is awful and the wedding location is not private at all, you have a bar one side and the pool the other!
                    Have a look on Tripadvisor at the reviews

We have now re-booked at the Royal Playa and can't wait.

Good Luck

#10 EDRBride2009

• 278 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

I just got married a little over a week ago at the El Dorado Royale and loved it!! If you hae any questions about the resort or the wedding, just ask!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users