Vanessa Vargas Double-Booked Me

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 indy_chic

• 336 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:52 AM

I'll definitely keep this in mind when finalizing photographers.

#12 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

Im very sorry for your frustrations. I would be frustrated as well! have you received your deposit back yet??

#13 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

that's awful! Sorry to hear you are going through this. Good luck finding a replacement.

#14 PaulSchrank

• Vendor
        • 237 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

I'd like to say something in defense of Vanessa. I've worked with her several times and she's a great person. Very sincere and humble. Many of us are running small businesses by ourselves. Handling all the booking, accounting, R&D, shooting, editing, shipping... everything. I shouldn't speak for Vanessa regarding your wedding, but I can understand how a mistake like this can happen. It nearly happened to us a couple weeks ago when one bride called on the phone in the morning to book the same date that another bride was emailing to book in the afternoon. I had been emailing with the afternoon bride for several weeks and we were both sure that I would be shooting her wedding, but an older lead popped up with the morning phone call and booked the date from under her. It happens, and with a small one or two person business where artists have to also be accountants and office managers, sometimes wires get crossed.

I think it shows some integrity on Vanessa's part to say "I'm sorry I double booked and I can't shoot your wedding." There are many who would prefer to keep the revenue and send an associate to shoot your wedding.

#15 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

oh no!
            but don't worry-- you still have lots to time to get it all worked out!
            check out sascha gluck! i cannot wait for him to shoot our wedding.
            Destination Wedding Photographer for Cancun and Riviera Maya and the rest of the World
            Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#16 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'm sorry about that!! Thank you for posting the info, I'm sure you'll find someone even better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users