Photo

Photoshop/Powerpoint Help?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bride2b10

bride2b10
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

So I'm creating passport invites, and have found a bunch of stamps that I'd like to use. The problem is that when I paste these stamps, they have the white background instead of the color of my passport. I used photoshop and deleted the entire background, which I thought would fix the problem. However, even though there is no background it still pastes the stamp on a white square...anybody know how to extract just the stamp itself? Just spent 2 hours on google with tutorials and still no luck...

Thanks so much!
    http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

There should be an option you can select that says bring to the front or move to back. that should fix it.

#3 bride2b10

bride2b10
      • 320 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Nope - in that case the entire white square with the stamp in it moves to the front or vise versa. The problem is separating the stamp from the background... it is currently attached as one image. Thank you though :)
        http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#4 azulskies

azulskies
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question but in Photoshop, are you creating new layers?

#5 wilsoml2

wilsoml2
          • 299 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

Hmm, I don't have photoshop, but I used 'paint.net' to erase the background of a picture that I used in my STDs. It's a free program that I got off of the internet and I just I used the 'eraser' feature. Hope that helps?

#6 Vallarta_2009

Vallarta_2009
            • 236 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:11 AM

The problem is that PowerPoint doesn't recognize a clear background so you'll always get the white backgroung. There are two solutions. 1. change the white background in photoshop to match the coloured background you have in PowerPoint. OR 2. Create your entire background in photoshop - stamps and all - and then import into PowerPoint.

#7 azulskies

azulskies
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Yeah I agree with Vallarta. And if you don't have Photoshop, you can download the free trial online. I think it's for 30 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users