• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jdrewett

• 171 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:21 AM

What should come first?

Booking the hotel to hold the space?
    Asking MOHs and BM?

It seems like the MOHs and GM won't be able to commit without more information about the destination/costs/date. However, what if you ask them first then have to change the date or destination? It's really important they are there, so I would hate to book it, then find out they can't come. Let me know what you girls think/did. Thanks! : )

#2 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:57 AM

ask the wedding party if there are any dates that is,nt good for them to attend your wedding,book your date + resort, then ask them to be moh + gm,s.

good luck

#3 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

We were certain that we wouldn't be having many guests so we booked everything before we asked anyone. We decided we would be fine with no one standing up with us if that was the case. One of my friends was able to make it and my husband's brother stood up for him.

#4 wilsoml2

• 299 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

We've booked the hotel and will be shortly sending out the STDs. Then I'll ask my bridesmaids. We've talked about doing it on a certain date for about a year now, so we're assuming that our friends will be able to make it. Hopefully it'll work out!

#5 jerzygirl85

• 342 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

We decided to have DW shortly after we were engaged and began telling family and friends about it. We booked our wedding date at the resort first, then we picked our wedding party and lastly we sent out the stds.

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

#6 KRama

• 421 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

We asked our wedding party first and let them know we were planning a destination wedding (most of my friends knew that anyways since we always talked about our dream weddings!). We made sure everyone was on board and to find out any dates that wouldn't work. Then we started looking for resorts and available dates. Once we decided that, we sent out the STDs. Worked great for us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users