Sign in to follow this  
xxashleyxx007

Anyone using non-traditional music?

Yay! So glad you used Angels and Airwaves...I want to use "Breathe" bc that is our song but Im not sure where to use it in the ceremony. I wanted to use it when I walk down the isle, but not sure if it will work.

Great choices btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloan View Post
We did non-traditional stuff too. This is the CD I handed our wedding co-ordinator. We walked down the aisle to Island in the Sun - Weezer. The rest of the songs played out after the ceremony while we signed our docs and had our champagne toast and did pictures.

1. Island in the Sun - Weezer

2. The Gift - Angels & Airwaves

3. Heaven - Angels & Airwaves

4. Don't Wait - Dashboard Confessional

5. Better Together - Jack Johnson

6. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

7. Love You Madly - Cake

8. Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional

9. You Only Live Once - The Strokes

10. I'll Catch You - The Get Up Kids

The first 3 songs are in our wedding video as well.

We are just starting to work on this :)

So far we have the song Im walking down the isle to - Ingrid Michaelson's version of Cant Help Falling In Love With You.

And the recessional (is that what its called for the song after the ceremony?) is the Beatles 8 days a week.

Im walking down the isle to foxy lady by Jimi Hendrix and our first dance is to adam sandler singing I want to grow old with you. I DO NOT WANT TRADITIONAL!!!! Hahaha

Haha I just downloaded this song the version by Trey Harlow Trio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
our first dance is to adam sandler singing I want to grow old with you. I DO NOT WANT TRADITIONAL!!!! Hahaha

Also, I forgot that we are trying to figure out where to play the Kings of Leon song Use Somebody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxashleyxx007 View Post
Sloan... I must say you have impeccable taste in music!!! LOL I love the Get Up Kids (I thought I was the only one in the world that was still a fan).

LOL. TGUK are still my very favourite band in the world. I'll always have a soft spot for them! I saw them in Toronto in 2004 before they called it quits. Best band I've ever seen. The only other show that compares is when I saw The Police.

I tried not to use the really heavy or really indie/weird stuff I listen to, but I didn't want normal wedding-y music. It was really hard to narrow it down to the 10 I eventually picked, but fun at the same time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybell1 View Post
Yay! So glad you used Angels and Airwaves...I want to use "Breathe" bc that is our song but Im not sure where to use it in the ceremony. I wanted to use it when I walk down the isle, but not sure if it will work.
Great choices btw!
Shanks!

Breathe is a great song! Just fit it in somewhere! That's what I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxashleyxx007 View Post
Please share with us your non-traditional music for the first dance, processional, recessional.... everything!!!

We are trying to pick our songs and we are not so traditional. I don't want to walk down the aisle to Canon in D or anything like that, so I was hoping BDW could help out!
Weddingwire.com has a lot of suggestions for music for various parts of the ceremony and reception. Just go to the homepage and click on the "songs" link at the top of the page. I found some great music suggestions there. They also show you the words to the songs. We are definitely going the non-traditional route, which fits with our non-traditional wedding. This is what we are planning to use so far (may not be your taste in music though):

Bridal Party Entrance - Ribbon in the Sky (Stevie Wonder version)

Bride Entrance - Endless Love (Mariah Carey & Luther Vandross version)

First Dance - Back at One (Brian Mcknight)

Recessional - Ain't No Stopping Us Now (McFadden & Whitehead version)**not sure about this one**