Photo

Susan G Komen Race for the Cure - Help fight breast cancer !

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hello Ladies,

So this year I have decided to join the fight against breast cancer, and Race for the Cure in Houston, TX on October 3rd.

I registered yesterday and started to raise funds this morning. I have been truly amazed at people generosity. In less than an hour, I had to revise my goal upwards from 500$ to 1000$. Now I'm close to this new goal and am thinking of raising the bar again !

This is the reason for my post : you can also join me in the fight against breast cancer by pledging your support in the Race. Your tax-deductible contribution will fund local innovative outreach, awareness and treatment programs for the medically underserved in the greater Houston community as well as national cutting-edge breast cancer research.

Did you know?
    • Every $100 raised will help someone without health insurance receive a much-needed mammogram
    • A donation of $250 will pay for 5 clinical breast exams
    • $1,000 will help pay for 1 round of the chemotherapy drug Taxotere
    • The average cost of treatment including surgery and chemotherapy is $50,000

Please click here to support my participation. I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Thank you for your generosity. Imagine Life Without Breast Cancer.

Sincerely,

Muriel

#2 britsytoll

britsytoll
    • 129 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

I also am walking and raising money for the cure here in Denver, CO. We walk on Oct. 4th. My mom is a survivor of 5 years!! This hold this foundation very close to my heart and actively participate throughout the year!

Good Luck and thanks for helping fight against this horrible disease.
      http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#3 shellk

shellk
      • 1,784 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

muriel,
        good luck i ran the race for life back in june for breast cancer for my friend who i am glad to say is near the end of her treatment and is going to be fine.

ladies give give give its a great cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users