Photo

Making Travel Arrangements Before or After the Holidays?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NewYorkie

NewYorkie
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

I just started planning my wedding in July 2010 and I'm planning to send the STD's at the end of this month when we secure the date. I was wondering if I should send out the invites before or after the holidays. From the travel point of view, do you think it's better to wait after the new year? I feel like more deals will come out. Any input is much appreciated.

#2 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
    • 929 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

I don't know; I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, I feel like b/c it is a destination wedding, you should give people as much time as possible to be able to find & book travel. On the other hand, I feel like you may overwelm people if you send them out around the holidays; the holidays are enough stress on their own. As far as travel & finding a great deal, you just never know when something great might come up, so from that aspect, I would say the more time you give people to find a deal, the better. Hope that makes some sense; good luck!!!

#3 Huey

Huey
      • 74 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

I agree - I know sending out during the Xmas season will be stressful, but what's the alternative? Sending AFTER Xmas...and knowing full well that budgets are often a bit tight after the holiday season. It might be even more stressful and the guests might wish that you told them a bit sooner! That's my two cents. =) Good luck!

#4 shortnsweet7675

shortnsweet7675
        • 483 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

I just sent out my STDs this past weekend for my wedding cruise scheduled for April 2010. I included a save-the-date magnet, preliminary RSVP postcard, and information regarding the cruise (travel agent contact, cruise pricing, reservation info, etc.) in the save-the-date packet. I've also set up a wedding website for them to reference for information updates. This gives everyone sufficient time to plan and budget for the wedding. I don't plan to send out my formal invitation until January 2010 after the holidays. Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users