Photo

Nicer favors?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Simistar

Simistar
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

Guess I'm alone here, but I'd go for nice flip flops (like havianias), pashminas, or really nice cigars.
    Or, maybe spend the money on a caricaturist and that way they'll have a funny pic to take home? Or maybe spend it on an "experience" for them, like paying for a snorkelling trip, or an excursion to the ruins...?

Good luck!
    (either way, your guests will be lucky:-))

#12 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
    • 573 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

I would also go with something local that will remind them of their time there. Something unique and original. You caould always approach the artist of your choice and work something out with them. We are going down early and commissioning a local artist to paint scenic pictures that will be framed and given out as our favors. We will ask the artist to add the location (Varadero, Cuba) and the date (16/11/09). That way they will not only have a souvenir of their trip but also a reminder of the place and purpose (date reminder). But you could do this with any type of souvenirs, wooden boxes, ceramics, woven textiles, etc.

#13 TCIbride

TCIbride
      • 189 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

Thank you ladies for all your wonderful suggestions! I will definitely look into local things... the problem with that however is that my location is Turks&Caicos and according to what I've heard so far - there is nothing that is produced there. Everything is shipped (including alcohol) from other places... I'm not sure how much of local flavor I can get there...

#14 Flasong

Flasong
        • 340 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

I think paying for an "experience" is an excellent idea...maybe give them 2 options and let them decide what they would like to do. Memories last forever!

#15 blumenthale

blumenthale
          • 242 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

Something local, is there a local beer, maybe shirts or baseball caps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users