Photo

I want to cry.....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 candicemarie

candicemarie
  • 271 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

Aw man, that stinks big time! I'm so sorry for your situation You're very sweet to be so concerned but definitely should not feel bad. I agree w/the other ladies on the choices since FI already decided no date change again, let her bring a friend or two to the wedding; or let her decide which she would rather do. Good Luck!!

#12 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
    • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

I agree..Dont understand why you feel bad that she could not make the effort to only confirm for one of the most important days . So it is up to her now to choose her prom or the wedding. Simple. Your empathy is very sweet though but u do not need to feel guilty

#13 Chelymo

Chelymo
      • 327 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

Thank you ladies all for the wonderful comments and suggestions. I'm waiting for FI to come home so we can discuss further and I can get feedback on what she wants to do. I think it is up to her to make her own decision on where she would rather be that day. I will keep you all posted.
        http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
        Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

#14 Chelymo

Chelymo
        • 327 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

It seems that my future step daughter decided it was more important to be at the wedding than prom. :) It definitely makes things so much easier to deal with. FI and I decided that we will let her invite one of her friends and ask the friend to pay just for the airfare. Thanks everyone that was a great idea! So all worked out at the end. Yipeeeeee!!!!!!!
          http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
          Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

#15 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

That's such a happy ending!!! I'm glad everything worked out perfect!!

#16 candicemarie

candicemarie
            • 271 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Chelymo
              It seems that my future step daughter decided it was more important to be at the wedding than prom. :) It definitely makes things so much easier to deal with. FI and I decided that we will let her invite one of her friends and ask the friend to pay just for the airfare. Thanks everyone that was a great idea! So all worked out at the end. Yipeeeeee!!!!!!!
              Excellent!!! What a relief for you & FI! She'll have a blast & get to be part of the day so everyone wins! Yay!!

#17 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
              • 5,521 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

that really stinks! but you changed it once and if she couldnt take the time out to double check, then she put herself in that situation. I hope that she doesnt put the blame on you guys and realizes the mistake is on her!

#18 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                • 3,347 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:59 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chelymo
                  I'm so happy to hear that our suggestions worked! Now she is in control of the decision and will want to be there instead of forced. Sounds like everything will work out great! I'm so glad for you!
                  ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#19 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
                  • 1,114 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

BDW advice wins!!! I'm so happy to hear that it worked out. I totally agree with the other ladies--- a vacay with a friend is SO much better than a couple of hours on a sweaty dancefloor!!
                    Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                    July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                    Non-Pro Pics:
                    http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                    Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#20 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
                    • 573 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

Congrats. I am sure that she will have a better time with you. I know I would have done the same thing. I think that both have you have shown what wonderful people you are. You by being so concerned for her happiness and her for being mature enough to know that your weddin in a once in alifetime opportunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users