5 replies to this topic

#1 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:10 PM

Hi Ladies

I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a good color printer that is specifically good for printing out pictures. I think Kodak has some good ones but wanted to get your opions.

Also i dont want it to be terribly expensive - Id just use it to print out pictures from my sony digital camera - nothing fancy

Thanks!!

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

I'm not at home so I can't tell you ours specifically but we have an awesome one. It's a full size printer but it has fax and scanner too. I got it specifically for pictures though and the quality is amazing! I can print from my comp or straight from the camera and they come out the same quality. We got it on sale for about $120 so it was a great deal for everything we use it for.
      I actually did some of my DIY projects on there and was impressed because you couldn't tell it was from a home inkjet printer.
      Here is a picture I just found online:
      Canon Canada Inc. - Products

#3 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

Yael - I have an HP photo printer, It is awesome because you can use it with your computer or seperate and just plug in the memory card or stick, and it as a little pop up screen that you can view and crop and some editing. The ink is i think pretty typical about $50 for the cartidges. I will get the model number for you when I get home but I like it, ink lasts a long time, well over 100+ pics. It is a few years old so I am sure there is even a new and better on out.

#4 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

Yael, I have always had really good with Epson printers. They come in a variety of prices. Most of the large high end printers photogs use are Epson. I have a printer/copy/scanner that works well, and a Photomate. That is a small portable printer that only does 4x6 prints. They always come out amazing, just like the prints from the photo lab.

#5 EDSROSA

EDSROSA
          • 510 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

Have you heard of the kodak printer?

My sister and her bf bought one right after the birth of my nephew and it prints really good pictures. He is a photo-fanatic person and he is raved about the picture quality. The ink is sooooo cheap $15 for color and $10 for black and it lasts a long time. Its also a copier/scanner.

#6 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

Thanks guys - this is super helpful :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users