Music vs. Waves

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Huey

• 74 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

I'm debating between harpist, guitar, violin etc etc...just looking for a soloist for when we walk down the aisle. (A string quartet is too much for us!) The question is...will all the beautiful music get drowned out by waves!? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

#2 jstinemari

• 86 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

hmmm good question, we are plannig on a harpist and violinist. My WC didnt say anything about it but she did say sometimes it's hard to hear the minister with waves crashing in the background.. maybe they can play a little louder if it's noisy?

hope someone has a better answer than that

#3 Brenna

• 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

We are planning on using a guitarist. I asked my WC about this and she said that the guitarists voices are very rich and should be heard just fine over the water, as long as the waves aren't crazy at least. I don't know about the other options though. Hope this helps!

#4 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:04 AM

We had all these great song choices picked out, especially for the processional, but once we had a meeting with our WC upon arrival, we realized that a big part of the traditional hawaiian ceremony is the blowing of the conch. So, if we were to do music during the processional, it would have overshadowed the blowing of the conch (which is blown slowly 3 times during the processional.) I'm glad we did it this way, b/c it lent some hawaiian culture to our wedding in Maui. Just a thought, but as far as the waves drowning out the minister, the waves where we were located (Kaanapali) were not big enough to make enough noise to drown out much of anything; just some nice background noise :) Hope that helps!!

#5 SAM

• 542 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:48 AM

Due to our budget and the cost of a musican we had our WC bring a small boombox.
            The waves and conch shell did over shadow the light music but I didn't really care.

#6 BoBride

• 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

We are having our musicians bring in a small amp system to make sure that the music can be heard over the waves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users