Photo

wholesale info for Tri-state area ladies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 damaris

damaris
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

So I had to meet my best friend at her job, which is on 28th and Park in the city. Since I had time to spaare I walked the wholesale area, which is located on 28th and Broadway. OMG they have everything and for so cheap. I mean I found Pashmina shawls for $30 a dozen silk flower petals $1.50 a box. I'm from NYC so I knew of this area but haven't been here in ages. I also have been scouring the internet for prices and deals on stuff I need for the wedding. My only problem has been that I'm a touchy feely consumer, meaning I like to examine the quality of what I'm getting before I purchase so this works for me. I wanted to pass this info along because there are a ton of shops so you have to make a day of it sort of. They are open on Saturdays. Also in the same area is the wholesale flower district, which also sells gorgeous silk flowers. Since I stumbled upon some of these stores I was looking more then buying, but here are some things I saw.
    Parasols
    Raffia Fans
    Those little gauze goody bags in tons of colors
    Pashmina Shawls in tons of colors- these you have to hit up a few stores for quality and price because they vary, but still real nice for giveaways
    Flip flops and disposable cameras. I know I will go back with my mom on a Saturday when I have a lil more time to shop around.
    65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#2 lexibride

lexibride
    • 276 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

That's really great to know! I'm upstate, NY but I have to go down to my jeweler who has to tighten my ring, he's in the diamond district, but I can make my way down there for the good deals!

Thanks! :)

#3 beachbum

beachbum
      • 351 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

My ring was from the diamond district too! I'm going to look for the raffia fans before I go the OT route. Thanks for posting the info damaris!

#4 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
        • 342 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:36 PM

awesome!!! I work in the financial district so may be i can go one day after work or on a saturday!! I'm also a touchy consumer so I was having a hard time ordering anything online. Do you know if they have any linens or overlays??
          ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#5 Danyelle

Danyelle
          • 368 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:24 PM

Thanks! I don't work too far from there. I may have to go take a peek!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users