Karaoke Machine in PV

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 farrahla

• 58 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:51 AM

I wanted to buy a Karaoke machine while I am in PV, for my guests for the week. I know many of the Villas have them, but mine doesn't. Does anyone know if the Walmarts down there carry them as a usual thing or where I could get one. Thanks.

#2 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

I know people have said there is a Sam's Club/Costco, maybe they would have one? I don't know about WalMart, but that is a great idea for your guests!!!!!!!

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#3 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
      • 1,574 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

I imagine you can get them at Walmart, Sam's Club (right next to Walmart) or Costco. But, be aware that the prices are probably quite a bit higher than you would expect to find at some place in the States or Canada (although perhaps not too high at Costco - I've heard our Costco is only 3% more over in their prices as compared to prices in the States). There's also a little knock-off place in Plaza Caracol that sells Karaoke machines that would probably be quite a bit cheaper - so you might head there and just poke around (if you have the time).

#4 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

You might also consider something like this:

iLive - CD+G Karaoke Machine with Dock for Apple® iPod® - Black - IJ328B

#5 farrahla

• 58 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

Thanks so much. Mishka thank you so much for the link and also the idea for the i-live Karaoke machine. That is great. I have only a few days to figure it out. Thanks.

#6 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun Farrah!! I can't wait to it!! See you next week!!!

#7 farrahla

• 58 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:53 AM

Dino--Can't wait to meet you, also some of us have been coming to PV for years so if you need tips on things to do in the area, we can tell you. Hope you can join in on some of the festivities with us.

Thanks. Can't wait for some gorgeous pics. The last ones you put up were amazing...

#8 chiefscribe

• 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:01 PM

What did you end up doing? We were also considering renting or buying a karaoke setup if we can find one that's the right size, quality, and price.

#9 miss di

miss di
                  • 246 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

...something about us bay area folk. i, too, would be interested in finding a karaoke rental to have in the villa for our guests to get crazy with...please let us know if you found a rental! thanks!

#10 farrahla

• 58 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

So, my fiance had a man who picked us up at the airport from PVRPV go into locotown to pick one up??-I'm not really sure where that is, but the man said it was 20 minutes away from old town. It was really nice, with a big screen for $200. My FI chose it online with the man, so we didn't have to travel with him,he just dropped it off at our condo. We had to bring CDs from the US, because they are in Spanish obviously because we were in Mexico. The man's name was Ceasar from PVRPV. He called us the entire time to run errands for us. It was a huge hit. Since some of our guests were at the villa for 5 days. We ended up leaving it with our wedding coordinators. Hopefully they can use it:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users