Sign in to follow this  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpalacebride View Post
I'm down Monday to Monday also, then we're transferring to Aventura Spa Palace for our 2nd week. We'll definitely have to plan a night down there to have a couple drinks for sure!
OMG this is crazy. I'm having the same wedding week/ honeymoon as you except a week earlier! But we're staying Tue-Sun at MP instead..

i got this from cutiesrosie's review

The day I arrived I saw a set up with a Huppa and flowers at the corners of the huppa. I didnâ€t really care for the flowers, nor the cost of them. The cost of the huppa alone like the one in my pictures is only $150.00 that is it. But if you add flowers to the corners, then it is $360. Then if you add flower pots in the aisle it gets up to $850.

i don't know how to upload the pic she had, but go to wedding reviews and search for moonpalace, look for the one by cutiesrosie and it's in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbarret View Post
I JUST signed my contract this week, and it does not say that they will not honor outside bookings. I even called a travel agent who asked me if I knew about the free cocktail hour after booking 10 rooms. I guess they have changed it.
Thanks for clearing that up! I am SOOOOO relieved because it gives me a fighting chance now that they have changed it thanks!! smile03.gif

The white huppa set up is NOW free.. they use to charge for it. If you want them to change the colors of the fabric to your wedding colors and put on flowers is $350 or like $375. I just got my quote for that this week.

Also ladies be aware if you plan on getting flowers from the hotel- you can't take live flowers out of the country- they will stop you at the airports. If you smuggle them in and get caught in customs is a HUGE fine and they put you on a watch list (I am a flight attendant out of JFK airport in NYC).
If you want someone who does pretty bouquets that you can keep try here. Realistic Silk Wedding Flowers, Natural Touch and Silk Bridal Bouquets

Thanks again for all your help! I can't believe I am only 50 days away! EEEKKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
Thanks for clearing that up! I am SOOOOO relieved because it gives me a fighting chance now that they have changed it thanks!! smile03.gif

The white huppa set up is NOW free.. they use to charge for it. If you want them to change the colors of the fabric to your wedding colors and put on flowers is $350 or like $375. I just got my quote for that this week.

Also ladies be aware if you plan on getting flowers from the hotel- you can't take live flowers out of the country- they will stop you at the airports. If you smuggle them in and get caught in customs is a HUGE fine and they put you on a watch list (I am a flight attendant out of JFK airport in NYC).
If you want someone who does pretty bouquets that you can keep try here. Realistic Silk Wedding Flowers, Natural Touch and Silk Bridal Bouquets

Thanks again for all your help! I can't believe I am only 50 days away! EEEKKK

Thank you for the link! I'm thinking about doing real touch flowers. One bride from Aventura Spa said that her real flowers stained her dress and she wished that she got real touch instead. Just thought I would let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristiandJamie View Post
Thank you for the link! I'm thinking about doing real touch flowers. One bride from Aventura Spa said that her real flowers stained her dress and she wished that she got real touch instead. Just thought I would let you guys know...
I ordered mine from the same website and have read tons of good reviews on them!! I am excited to get the picture that they send and then from there I can make changes if needed!

By the way...I just ordered my petals tonight from flyboynaturals.com. After talking to Mrseddy I decided to order 128 cups (buy 120 get 6 free). It sounds like a crazy ton to me, but when I called and talked to the lady she recommended 148 cups!! They have certain amounts to choose from so I either had to get 60 plus 8 free or 120 and get 6 free. I didn't think 68 would be enough for the guests, aisle, and reception tables so I decided to go with the 128. I guess we'll see how much it is when it arrives! By the way it's shipping Monday. Super fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyandTricia View Post
By the way...I just ordered my petals tonight from flyboynaturals.com. After talking to Mrseddy I decided to order 128 cups (buy 120 get 6 free). It sounds like a crazy ton to me, but when I called and talked to the lady she recommended 148 cups!! They have certain amounts to choose from so I either had to get 60 plus 8 free or 120 and get 6 free. I didn't think 68 would be enough for the guests, aisle, and reception tables so I decided to go with the 128. I guess we'll see how much it is when it arrives! By the way it's shipping Monday. Super fast!
Wow that does seem like a ton of flowers-- I am ordering the confetti to mix with the roses that are being thrown because its cheaper and will make for more specks with the photos of it being thrown.

So kind of an oddball question for you Tricia- I don't know if you've seen my engagement photos but my mom is a great photographer and I had asked her if I could use her cool camera to snap off some photos of your wedding (figure it never hurts to have lots of photos to choose from) and she said "Sure you can, but I would love to get the practice for your TTD photos with the camera if she would let me take them." So if you would like someone else who is amazing with a camera to snap off some photos we could give you a SD card with them before you even leave the hotel and you could do whatever you want with them. So would you mind an extra photographer there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
Wow that does seem like a ton of flowers-- I am ordering the confetti to mix with the roses that are being thrown because its cheaper and will make for more specks with the photos of it being thrown.

So kind of an oddball question for you Tricia- I don't know if you've seen my engagement photos but my mom is a great photographer and I had asked her if I could use her cool camera to snap off some photos of your wedding (figure it never hurts to have lots of photos to choose from) and she said "Sure you can, but I would love to get the practice for your TTD photos with the camera if she would let me take them." So if you would like someone else who is amazing with a camera to snap off some photos we could give you a SD card with them before you even leave the hotel and you could do whatever you want with them. So would you mind an extra photographer there?
I guess I could always use more photos. :) Sounds good to me.