Jump to content

Photo

February 2010 brides


  • Please log in to reply
2780 replies to this topic

#121 shellk

shellk
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,784 posts

    Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:06 AM

    futuremsmoulton,
    great invites they look brill.i have found out that my fi only wants to do the fun stuff.we had a conversation about invites the other day and i could tell he really was,nt interested but i asked him about the lay cause i know when i get them designed he will be like well what about this nd this.i had said we will send them out beg of dec and he said rather than a picture of a tropical beach on the front why not put one of our wedding pics on there?reply because we don,t get married till feb?but he said he was listening.

    meyer2010,i think because you know who is coming you will be fine sending your invites out in november.i guess you are sending them just to make it official?

    #122 Meyer2010

    Meyer2010
    • Jr. Member
    • 429 posts

      Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:44 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by shellk
      futuremsmoulton,
      great invites they look brill.i have found out that my fi only wants to do the fun stuff.we had a conversation about invites the other day and i could tell he really was,nt interested but i asked him about the lay cause i know when i get them designed he will be like well what about this nd this.i had said we will send them out beg of dec and he said rather than a picture of a tropical beach on the front why not put one of our wedding pics on there?reply because we don,t get married till feb?but he said he was listening.

      meyer2010,i think because you know who is coming you will be fine sending your invites out in november.i guess you are sending them just to make it official?
      Yes!!! We are sending them out to be "official"... thanks for your help! When are you sending yours out? Just curious... :)

      Your FI sounds like mine... mine didn't want to take part in: table decorations, flowers, or invites. But he was on board when it came to OOT bags and the welcome brochure! Go figure! ha-ha!

      #123 lisa_k

      lisa_k
      • Newbie
      • 113 posts

        Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

        Hi Girls,
        I haven't been on here in a while and I was just reading all of your posts and had a good laugh! Everyone is having fun planning! So great.

        I am not sending my invites out until November. I thought I was doing it early! But now I'm reading some of your posts and realize I might be a bit late! I guess I'll put a rush on it...

        #124 lisa_k

        lisa_k
        • Newbie
        • 113 posts

          Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
          I love your bags they look great!!
          Your OOT bags are so cute! And so are the invites. Very cute.

          btw, we are getting married on the same day!

          #125 lisa_k

          lisa_k
          • Newbie
          • 113 posts

            Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

            How is everyone getting their OOT bags down to Mexico? Carrying them down or shipping? I'm kind of worried about that and I've been trying to read about it on the forum, but I'm still not sure of the best way to do it.

            #126 Laura22610

            Laura22610
            • Jr. Member
            • 468 posts

              Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

              Hi again everyone!

              I actually sent my invites out a week or so ago. I did it early though because I hadn't sent out STD's or anything. We just got engaged in July and I didn't even pick a place or resort or anything until September, so I have been a little behind on everything!!

              As far as my OOT bags...I haven't even started on them yet!!! I am so worried about getting them down there! I probably will end up bringing an extra suitcase or 2 with that stuff in it, so hopefully I find bags that travel easily! I've read on here that shipping is not always reliable (I guess sometimes things get held up if they open the boxes to see what's in them and then sometimes they get to resort and get lost there), so I probably will try not to do that.

              I also love the invitations and OOT bags...great job!!

              #127 shellk

              shellk
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,784 posts

                Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Meyer2010
                Yes!!! We are sending them out to be "official"... thanks for your help! When are you sending yours out? Just curious... :)

                Your FI sounds like mine... mine didn't want to take part in: table decorations, flowers, or invites. But he was on board when it came to OOT bags and the welcome brochure! Go figure! ha-ha!
                there is only 4 of us going.obviously me and jon then our best friends. so i am lucky we are not doing invites,oot bags,table decorations or anything like that.we are just going to pay for spa treatments and an excursion for us all.

                we are having a big ahr 2 weeks after we come back.they are the invitations i am going to send out in xmas cards.

                #128 shellk

                shellk
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,784 posts

                  Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:37 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Laura22610
                  Hi again everyone!

                  I actually sent my invites out a week or so ago. I did it early though because I hadn't sent out STD's or anything. We just got engaged in July and I didn't even pick a place or resort or anything until September, so I have been a little behind on everything!!

                  As far as my OOT bags...I haven't even started on them yet!!! I am so worried about getting them down there! I probably will end up bringing an extra suitcase or 2 with that stuff in it, so hopefully I find bags that travel easily! I've read on here that shipping is not always reliable (I guess sometimes things get held up if they open the boxes to see what's in them and then sometimes they get to resort and get lost there), so I probably will try not to do that.

                  I also love the invitations and OOT bags...great job!!
                  this is only my opinion but i would.nt ship anything.especially when you have put so much effort into things.the other threads i have read the ladies are going to split the extra luggage between themselves and the parents to take with them.

                  #129 shellk

                  shellk
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,784 posts

                    Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

                    right ladies i need your help. first thing im really stressed about and need your advice.i have booked photographer bout a month ago for ahr and boudoir shoot. i have paid her £200 deposit.i drove past her studio last week and it looks a little deserted.when i had a meeting with her to pay and go over everything she said she would email the confirmations etc etc.so i emailed her on monday to say hi i never received your email?before she has always emailed straight back?i have left a message on her business no asking her to reply to my email. NOTHING STILL so i left a message on her mobile saying i was concerned she was,nt getting back to me.that was thursday.when do i get nasty and try to track her down?i have thought she may be on holiday but would you not change your answerphone message to say that or set up auto reply on email?

                    susie need you to put the funny side to it

                    #130 Marriott Cancun Weddings

                    Marriott Cancun Weddings
                    • Vendor
                    • 147 posts

                      Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

                      We usually don't have any problems with shipping. You must consult your Wedding Coordinator at the Hotel, they can have a recommended shipping company and advise on which materials can be shipped and how much time in advance is needed. Alos must check that they have a sfae place to store your boxes.
                      For Mexico, you can consider 3 months and cannot ship any food, flowers or audiovisual or pirotecnic equipment or material among other items.
                      Shipping the things can smooth things for your wedding trip, and avoid forgetting anything at the last minute.
                      Good Luck!

                      Josefina Luna |Sales Executive | Marriott Certified Wedding Planner|
                      JW Marriott Cancun Resort & SPA |CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort|
                      Ph +52 998 881 2014 |Fax +52 998 881 2024 - |
                      email: josefina.luna@marriotthotels.com
                      www.facebook.com/marriott.cancun.weddings




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users