Photo

Hiring Photographer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brenners

Brenners
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:16 AM

I have been searching and haven't really found any information related to the topic of photographers. I have seen that some couples fly in a photographer for a few days, but this seems ridiculously expensive as they request flight and room fees on top of their usual fees. Are there really no reliable or decent photogaphers in Mexico (specifically Cozumel) that I can use without having to fly someone in for the wedding

#2 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
    • 1,213 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:46 AM

Elizabeth Medina and Sol Tamargo/Matt Adcock of Del Sol photography are two GREAT options. I love their work! Good luck in your search, hiring a great photographer will always be be worth it!

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:15 AM

Keep looking. There is a lot of info on photographers on this forum & a lot of great local photographers in Mexico. I don't know of any in Cozumel, but plenty are in Playa Del Carmen & they could take the ferry across.

#4 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
        • 220 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

I am getting married in Cozumel too, and I did some searching for photographers there because I didn't want to pay to fly one in. I ended up hiring the photographer that is usually contracted with our resort.... but there were a few others that I saw that were located in Cozumel or in Playa/Cancun area,where it would not cost extra for the location. You can also check Cozumel Weddings, Cozumel Wedding Planner, Cozumel Mexico - Home.... they have a photogapher that works with them a lot, and I had them send me his info and the pics on his website were great... his prices were reasonable compared to the rest. Good luck!
          http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#5 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
          • 2,754 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:03 AM

Have you seen this thread?

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35088

I'm sure one of these would take the ferry over!

#6 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
            • 5,705 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

There are many GREAT options in Mexico, use the search option.

#7 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
              • 4,853 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

There are a number of talented wedding photographers in Mexico. I hope you can find someone whose work you love.

Best wishes,
                Tod

#8 Brenners

Brenners
                • 807 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for the great tips. I am going to look into some of these links as well as search on other threads. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users