Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)


  • Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#561 chirorach

chirorach
  • Jr. Member
  • 200 posts

    Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lili11
    I came across this forum and i think it's a great idea! I am getting married at the DRC on Nov 6, 2010 and I am so excited yet confused...I am not sure which package to choose from, either the love or ultimate but not sure what the big difference in price is for the dinner either silver or gold. I know its an extra $60 for more than 20 guest and i hate that part, I'm planning on having 40-60 guest. I also asked Ana if I could exchange the cocktail party for extra guest or maybe even for the rehearsal dinner and she said the package is what it is... I find that odd. Hope the planning runs smoothly
    i am not happy to hear that she is not allowing any trading/swaping either. from other Dreams threads i have read it didn't seem too hard to do this. maybe she will be more reasonable in person? although those brides did say they had to be persistant. curious what brides have found who have done site visits?? otherwise i plan on getting pushy about it!!!

    #562 Laura22610

    Laura22610
    • Jr. Member
    • 468 posts

      Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:22 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by chirorach
      i am not happy to hear that she is not allowing any trading/swaping either. from other Dreams threads i have read it didn't seem too hard to do this. maybe she will be more reasonable in person? although those brides did say they had to be persistant. curious what brides have found who have done site visits?? otherwise i plan on getting pushy about it!!!
      Ana did allow me to trade something...I asked her if I could have anything in exchange for not using the photographer in my package (I am getting the ultimate package) and she said that I could get more video instead. Although I keep asking her how much more video and she hasn't answered that yet. Other things I have asked to trade, though, such as the hair and make-up, she has said the package is not allowed to be altered. Seems crazy to me! So, maybe you are right...if you are persistent , she will eventually give in I am getting there five days before my wedding, so I am hoping that in person, things will be a lot easier to straighten out!

      #563 EmmaGaussoin

      EmmaGaussoin
      • Jr. Member
      • 203 posts

        Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Laura22610
        Ana did allow me to trade something...I asked her if I could have anything in exchange for not using the photographer in my package (I am getting the ultimate package) and she said that I could get more video instead. Although I keep asking her how much more video and she hasn't answered that yet. Other things I have asked to trade, though, such as the hair and make-up, she has said the package is not allowed to be altered. Seems crazy to me! So, maybe you are right...if you are persistent , she will eventually give in I am getting there five days before my wedding, so I am hoping that in person, things will be a lot easier to straighten out!
        I am hoping also! I'm glad you got to at least get more video in exchange for your photography but the little things seem like they would be easier to exchange. I have read from other forums that it wasn't until they met with the WC before the wedding that she allowed them to exchange. Hopefully this will be the same for us!

        #564 Megan24

        Megan24
        • Jr. Member
        • 271 posts

          Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:57 PM

          [QUOTE=Laura22610;1075913]Megan,
          I am not sure about the flowers, centerpieces, and cake but Ana did send me dinner menus. I am copying and pasting the Love Package dinner menu. I am not clear on this but I think that you only get to pick ONE entree and if you want to offer 2, you would have to pay extra. Here is the Love menu...


          Dinner a la carte©
          (SILVER MENU FOR LOVE PACKAGE)

          No 1

          Portobello in a puff pastry shell with balsamic vinaigrette

          Smoke salmon salad with endive and fresh asparagus

          Mediterranean fish soup

          Red snapper filet over ratatouille and beurre blanc sauce
          “OR”
          Individual beef Wellington served with charon sauce

          Chocolate mousse cake

          No 2

          Raviolis filed with spinach served trees cheese sauce

          Carpaccio of scallop and Salmon served with lime and Shallot vinaigrette

          Cream of Asparagus with roasted almond

          Sea bass fillet served over fresh Spinach and Hollandaise sauce
          “OR”
          Gigot of Lamb served with Provenzal sauce

          Tulip of strawberry with grand Marnier sauce and ice vanilla ice cream[/QUOTE

          Thanks for posting the menu. I wonder if you can switch out different things for number 1 and number 2. Like the desserts and the soups.

          Which one are you deciding to go with??

          #565 Laura22610

          Laura22610
          • Jr. Member
          • 468 posts

            Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Megan24
            Thanks for posting the menu. I wonder if you can switch out different things for number 1 and number 2. Like the desserts and the soups.

            Which one are you deciding to go with??

            I actually am going to go with the buffet. I think that for my guests, that would be the best option...I have a few vegetarians, a few that don't eat seafood (including me!), etc. So, I thought it would be better to be able to offer a little of everything. I have the menus for the buffets too, if you want me to post them. I am not sure if you are allowed to trade things in the different options.

            #566 SDbeachgirl

            SDbeachgirl
            • Jr. Member
            • 393 posts

              Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:01 AM

              I contacted one of the brides who posted on Trip Advisor. She had a very small wedding. She emailed me and I asked if I could post her email for others to see. She said that she would be happy to have me share it. So here it is:

              Email from bride

              I know what it's like planning your big day and not having anyone to talk to about it! It was frustrating up until the ceremony day where everything went smoooth. I opted for the basic Dreams in Paradise wedding package @ $769. For 2010 weddings, it's $799. I didn't use any "extra" services for the wedding and I found that what we picked was perfect for us. You'll notice in some of the pictures that I have a fresh orchids in my hair as a "flower" pin. I wanted one from the local David's Bridal which is where my dress if from and they wanted $49 for it. So I had the concierge contact the floral department to see what they had and I ended up paying $5 for it, not bad at all. I did my own hair- the prices start at $70 and up. You'll notice again, in the pictures that my hair isn't curled as much. I had very springy curls before I left the room and within 5 minutes they started to loosen up so get some mega hold hairspray due to the wind and humidity. I had super hold "flexbible" Aussie hairspray and it has never failed me until I hit the weather of Mexico! We were legally married on 9/18/09 at our county building for $10 and had our ""real wedding ceremony" there on 11/2/09. We saved alot of money that way and didn't have to go through the blood test stuff and the waiting period of 4 full business days prior to the ceremony. Our wedding was small, only 4 other guests so we just had dinner at one of the restaurants, it's All-Inclusive, so why not?! We had our dinner at Portofino, the Italian restaurant and it was sooo wonderful! The cake and wine was on the beach wedding table set up. We had a toast on the beach and had the wedding cake brought to the restaurant. We had our cake cutting and first dance in the private wine room which had great jazz music in the background. It was a wonderful night! When we got back to the room, they placed rose petals on the bed and filled our jacuzzi tub and rose petals there too! Also, we weren't going to have a photographer but Adventure Photos is on sight and they asked my husband to let them take pictures and we could decide later if we wanted any of them and there would be no "sitting" fee. We had our family take a bunch of pictures with 3 different cameras. When we saw the photos the next day, we wanted them so we bought 51 pictures all on a CD and a 20 page photobook that I should be receiving any day now.

              #567 SDbeachgirl

              SDbeachgirl
              • Jr. Member
              • 393 posts

                Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

                Also, there was another review today on Trip Advisor from someone who got married there:

                Don't hesitate to vacation here - Review of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, Puerto Morelos, Mexico - TripAdvisor

                #568 SDbeachgirl

                SDbeachgirl
                • Jr. Member
                • 393 posts

                  Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:07 AM

                  Hey girls, I am having 2 photographers come from outside the resort. I would normally have to pay the guest fee for each photographer but she said she would waive that in place of the resort photographer. I don't know if that equals out to the same amount of money (probably not)...but thought I would save where I could since I did not want to use the resort photographer and I did not think having a videographer at the reception was necessary.

                  #569 SDbeachgirl

                  SDbeachgirl
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 393 posts

                    Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

                    Ok, one more thing...

                    In 48 hours I will be at the resort!!! Yippie! I can't wait :)

                    #570 CarlyChristine

                    CarlyChristine
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 160 posts

                      Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Laura22610
                      I actually am going to go with the buffet. I think that for my guests, that would be the best option...I have a few vegetarians, a few that don't eat seafood (including me!), etc. So, I thought it would be better to be able to offer a little of everything. I have the menus for the buffets too, if you want me to post them. I am not sure if you are allowed to trade things in the different options.
                      Laura, can you please post the buffet menus? I'd really like to see them. Thanks!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users