Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12141 replies to this topic

#5271 Chelsey & Travis

Chelsey & Travis
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

I purchased my tulle on Ebay here: 

PAST BRIDES....my colors are turquoise and orange. I am torn about chair sashes! I kind of want turquoise ones...are the chairs too plain with just the white covers? And..does anyone how much the resort charges for the chair sashes? I realize we can get them cheap online, but I am trying to minimize suitcases. With all the OOT bags and such....I feel like I have everything except the kitchen sink!

#5272 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
    • 460 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Does that mean we'd be forced to pay the rate the resort is asking for a DJ?

#5273 sarcrook

sarcrook
      • 241 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

I guess I would be careful how it's worded. 

You aren't looking for a "credit".  Maybe try again and say...I realize it wouldn't be an even exchange - could I get 10 dinner's in exchange for the Cocktail Hour? 

Originally Posted by Missy1 

I would re-check into that whole exchanging dinner's for the cocktail hour. I just emailed my wedding coordinator, Veronica, and this is exactly what she told me"

"I've heard of some other brides doing this in order to save money. Instead of having my cocktail hour can I apply that to my reception so cover the cost of the additional guests I will have? This information is incorrect, the cost of the cocktail is different than the cost of the reception,  since the packages  are fixed, we are not allowed to credit anything from the packages towards something else. "

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sarcrook 

They are..but as stated before..only for 20.  If you forgo the Cocktail Hour they will give you more dinner's - it won't be 20..but even if it's 10..that is less you have to pay for.  The way I am reading their "Customized Wedding Services" it shows the extra dinner charge for Silver or Gold $48/person and states underneath it that it includes 3 hours of bar..Platinum is $55/person...so - I'm thinking if you buy extra dinners it includes three hours of bar for that person..?? 

Additional Bar is $15/person.  I'm reading it like...if you decided to add an hour to your reception - 4 hours total - then you just pay the bar cost..$15/person. 

Not sure I'm reading it correctly though...

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BrookeAshlea 

PAST BRIDES With Ultimate Package>>>>>>>>>>>

Now Im stressing I thought that the Drinks were included  with the package at the reception???? Can someone please inform me.............this is crazy!!

Thanks in advance.

Wedding April 3, 2011

#5274 sarcrook

sarcrook
        • 241 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Are the white garden chairs an extra charge??

Originally Posted by Chelsey & Travis 

I purchased my tulle on Ebay here: 

PAST BRIDES....my colors are turquoise and orange. I am torn about chair sashes! I kind of want turquoise ones...are the chairs too plain with just the white covers? And..does anyone how much the resort charges for the chair sashes? I realize we can get them cheap online, but I am trying to minimize suitcases. With all the OOT bags and such....I feel like I have everything except the kitchen sink!

#5275 sarcrook

sarcrook
          • 241 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

You have to be JOKING???!!!! 

Is their a possibility this will change???  What the heck..I'm SO mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHY WHY WHY...What can we do?????????????????????????? 

Originally Posted by IvanG 

Hola Girls,

I know these are not good news for you but I have to inform you.

Yesterday I went to Dreams Riveira Cancun to talk with the General Manager about the agreement between Dreams Riviera Cancun and Doremixx, and due to their new policies we are not allowed to work with them, also we can`t offer our services even if you want to pay the outside vendor fee, now they are cancelling all the DJ services that we have already booked trough them.

Since today they will be using their own in house DJ, please contact your WC, I am sure they will give you the best option for DJ.

I apologize for all the incoveniences with this, but we can`t get a good deal with them.

Best,

#5276 sarcrook

sarcrook
            • 241 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

ATTENTION ALL BRIDES...

We should send an email to our WC's and the General Manager regarding the Doremixx news...

Maybe if we swamp them with emails they'll rethink??!!  It's worth a shot..right??????????

#5277 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
              • 183 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

Do you have any pictures of the bridesmaid with the parasols.  Definitely think it's a wonderful idea. 

Thank you:)

#5278 sarcrook

sarcrook
                • 241 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

I'm glad you like it..I just love it..

Here you go:

Do you have any pictures of the bridesmaid with the parasols.  Definitely think it's a wonderful idea. 

Thank you:)

#5279 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                  • 183 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hello I am using Destination weddings as well.  I had a great coordinator at Destination wedding until they placed me with someone else.  The lady that I am using currently at Destination Wedding is quite expensive, my guests are not happy.  Instead of giving them the best pricing, she quoted really high so they all book their trips through Bookit.com.  I am having about 50-60 guests coming to our wedding and about 40 of them have booked their trip through Max.Holley at bookit.comThe pricing is about 2000-2500 including airfare flying from San Jose California into Cancun for about 5-7 nights.  My wedding coordinator at destination weddings was quoting my guests around 3k to 4k.  We booked our trip through her but was informed if we canceled our trip then they would cancel the website that we have as well.  I am still confused on which room to book, either preferred plunge pool, Honeymoon suite, or Master Suite.  Thanks:)

#5280 SharonMydung

SharonMydung
                    • 183 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

Wow the pictures are gorgeous, I love it.  I believe I will be doing this as well:)  Thank you sooo much for the wonderful idea.

Sharon

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users