Photo

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

• Please log in to reply
12142 replies to this topic

#2881 Megan24

Megan24
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

Help girls before I make these. Can you have fake rose petals for your flower girl on the beach at the resort. I was thinking after we walked down the aisle guest could throw rose petals at us. Been then thought that is kind of littering.

Can you use fake rose petals on the beach?

Also can anyone think of any cute wording to put on the ceremony program that tells the guest to throw the petals after the kiss and we walk down the aisle.

I am at a blank. I have 8 more days till the wedding help!!! lol

#2882 coloradobridesmom

coloradobridesmom
    • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

My daughter is getting married there on the 27th also. How many people do you have coming? It's coming really quick.

#2883 lilly129

lilly129
      • 350 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:23 PM

Welcome to all the new ladies!!!!!!!

I registered for toasting flutes and cake cutter - so assuming I get them at my shower I will be bringing them down. :)

As for the fake petals - I've heard from other resorts that you can't use fake petals - but maybe you can negotiate with ana about getting petals for your guests for cheaper/free?? I'm sorry I don't know for sure - but that's a very good question.

#2884 2010 Bride!

2010 Bride!
        • 23 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by coloradobridesmom
          My daughter is getting married there on the 27th also. How many people do you have coming? It's coming really quick.
          Hi there - I'm getting married there on the 27th as well. I have been wondering who the other bride was! I can't wait to get there! Sunshine and fun in just over a week!!!

#2885 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
          • 198 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pbjwed
            Allison,

I have about 100-110 guests prob coming so I was thinking of doing the rectangular tables but when I see the round ones lit up underneath I second guess myself... I was going with the fuschia organza or satin chair ties and if i go with the rectangualr table I want to buy the table runner for each but wanted to incorporate the coral in the centerpieces w flowers. i am going to try and use my BM's flowers as the centerpieces for the tables since I have 10. And then buy small candles to surround the CP.

I am not sure at this point considering I like the idea of 16 people at a table, easier for seating people together.. the round limits us to 8 or 10 I am also trying to buy coral/hot pink paper lanterns.. what are you doing?
            Pbj...I am only having about 30 people. I am doing the round tables and having them lit up underneath! I love that! But I am not sure how to do the orange and fuschia together. Would it look weird if I did fuschia overlay and orange chair sashes? What do you think?

#2886 AlisonJimmy

AlisonJimmy
            • 198 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
              We missed cocktail hour. Our photog was very thorough so I can't complain. Maybe you should change the ceremony to 5:30. We walked down to the pier and also took shots on the life guard tower. So it may have taken us longer than some.
              That is what I wanted to do and Ana said I couldn't. I am so upset by this. I do not understand why Ana can't move it up a half hour. I really don't want to miss our cocktail hour.

#2887 pbjwed

pbjwed
              • 389 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lilly129
                There's a thread on here "Share your etsy finds" - you'll probably be able to find someone there that can suggest a person. I've used etsy quite a bit - loooove it! I got a garter, a hanger that says "Ron heart Casey" (it's an actual heart, not the word hahaha) and a hot pink sash for the reception which is HOT! So if you need any of those things, I'm happy to send you the contact info!
                that would be great if you can give me the names of who you used!!! Thanks!!!!!!! so excited!!!!
                PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#2888 pbjwed

pbjwed
                • 389 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

Ladies as for the fake flowers I was told you cant use them on the beach. You can purchase petals from Ana for 22.00 each!
                  PBJWEDINMEXICO.COM

#2889 Megan24

Megan24
                  • 271 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:22 PM

How many petals do you get for 22 dollars.

This really sucks. I am so freaking tired of not being able to do this or having to buy something for a high price. Oh well I guess it made my life easier. I guess we will just not be throwing anything.

#2890 Pinky

Pinky
                    • 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pbjwed
                      Ladies as for the fake flowers I was told you cant use them on the beach. You can purchase petals from Ana for 22.00 each!
                      Can't you bring and use the freeze dried petals?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users