Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts


We are in the final stages of planning and I will tell you that Ana had no problem letting us forego the cocktail hour and applying the credit ($26/per * 20 people) towards our dinner.  We will have people meet at the beach bar and drink from there while we take pictures.  While we couldn't get credit for the Mexican trio that is part of the package, so they will just set up by the bar and play there.
 

Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post

I know I'm a little late but REALLY?! They're not charging the $500 outside vendor fee anymore? Yaaayyy!! I hope this is really the case. I just sent Ana an email yesterday about some other things so I guess I'll wait before asking her about this. I worry cause it seems each coordinator gives each bride different info. We're on tight budget and would really like to get rid of cocktail hour for extra dinners (which is what I just emailed about) so we'll see what she says. I've heard of a bunch of brides doing this but recently I know someone on here said her coordinator told her no.

 

Does anyone know if you can do that? Trade in cocktail hour (have everyone meet at a bar instead) and have 30 dinners instead of 20? An extra 10 dinners instead of cocktail hour is mostly what I've seen on this forum...

 

Sharon, where did you order your dress from? I haven't gone dress shopping yet but I've been looking online alot. I know its risky but some of the dresses or so much cheaper!  That stinks about your dress- I take it there are no refunds? I'm sure you'll find something soon!

 

Ashlynn, thanks for posting that-I'll have to check out that website for our chair sashes.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


One thing to add is that this time of year, the beach bar closes at 6pm, so think of that when planning the schedule.
 

Originally Posted by rach2011 View Post


We are in the final stages of planning and I will tell you that Ana had no problem letting us forego the cocktail hour and applying the credit ($26/per * 20 people) towards our dinner.  We will have people meet at the beach bar and drink from there while we take pictures.  While we couldn't get credit for the Mexican trio that is part of the package, so they will just set up by the bar and play there.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post

I know I'm a little late but REALLY?! They're not charging the $500 outside vendor fee anymore? Yaaayyy!! I hope this is really the case. I just sent Ana an email yesterday about some other things so I guess I'll wait before asking her about this. I worry cause it seems each coordinator gives each bride different info. We're on tight budget and would really like to get rid of cocktail hour for extra dinners (which is what I just emailed about) so we'll see what she says. I've heard of a bunch of brides doing this but recently I know someone on here said her coordinator told her no.

 

Does anyone know if you can do that? Trade in cocktail hour (have everyone meet at a bar instead) and have 30 dinners instead of 20? An extra 10 dinners instead of cocktail hour is mostly what I've seen on this forum...

 

Sharon, where did you order your dress from? I haven't gone dress shopping yet but I've been looking online alot. I know its risky but some of the dresses or so much cheaper!  That stinks about your dress- I take it there are no refunds? I'm sure you'll find something soon!

 

Ashlynn, thanks for posting that-I'll have to check out that website for our chair sashes.


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rach2011..are you going to use DJ Julian Molina for your DJ or the resort DJ??  What are they offering if you use him?

 

Do you know if that the one that is on Facebook?  His light up dance floor looks tiny...

 

Yes..Ana told us the same thing regarding the Cocktail Hour.  Such a great exchange!!    ffor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you brides share you music with me?  What are you using for your girls to walk down, you..are you having music while the guests get seated and when the groom/groomsmen walk out?  Cake cutting song??

 

Thanks!!  Just curious..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Rach, that's really good to know! Yeah, I've read that most bars close pretty early...we originally wanted a later ceremony time (around 4) but she said only 2 pm was available (which I'm now ok with) so this should work out-we'll just have everyone meet at one of the bars like you're planning. This will definitely help with costs...Thank you and good luck- you must be so excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


After speaking with Veronica again about trading out the dinners for the cocktail hour what she told me was that I could extend my reception for an extra hour for no additional charge which works for me...you still have to pay for the additional dinners but you don't have to pay for those additional people for the cocktail hour. I'm just having my guest meet at one of the bars by the pool and having the mariachi band play there.
 

Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post

I know I'm a little late but REALLY?! They're not charging the $500 outside vendor fee anymore? Yaaayyy!! I hope this is really the case. I just sent Ana an email yesterday about some other things so I guess I'll wait before asking her about this. I worry cause it seems each coordinator gives each bride different info. We're on tight budget and would really like to get rid of cocktail hour for extra dinners (which is what I just emailed about) so we'll see what she says. I've heard of a bunch of brides doing this but recently I know someone on here said her coordinator told her no.

 

Does anyone know if you can do that? Trade in cocktail hour (have everyone meet at a bar instead) and have 30 dinners instead of 20? An extra 10 dinners instead of cocktail hour is mostly what I've seen on this forum...

 

Sharon, where did you order your dress from? I haven't gone dress shopping yet but I've been looking online alot. I know its risky but some of the dresses or so much cheaper!  That stinks about your dress- I take it there are no refunds? I'm sure you'll find something soon!

 

Ashlynn, thanks for posting that-I'll have to check out that website for our chair sashes.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how long of a reception are you doing?  The price doesn't work out even but it's nice you don't have to pay for both.  It's weird that one WC will offer one thing and another offer's something else.  Seems backwards!

 

Originally Posted by Missy1 View Post


After speaking with Veronica again about trading out the dinners for the cocktail hour what she told me was that I could extend my reception for an extra hour for no additional charge which works for me...you still have to pay for the additional dinners but you don't have to pay for those additional people for the cocktail hour. I'm just having my guest meet at one of the bars by the pool and having the mariachi band play there.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post

I know I'm a little late but REALLY?! They're not charging the $500 outside vendor fee anymore? Yaaayyy!! I hope this is really the case. I just sent Ana an email yesterday about some other things so I guess I'll wait before asking her about this. I worry cause it seems each coordinator gives each bride different info. We're on tight budget and would really like to get rid of cocktail hour for extra dinners (which is what I just emailed about) so we'll see what she says. I've heard of a bunch of brides doing this but recently I know someone on here said her coordinator told her no.

 

Does anyone know if you can do that? Trade in cocktail hour (have everyone meet at a bar instead) and have 30 dinners instead of 20? An extra 10 dinners instead of cocktail hour is mostly what I've seen on this forum...

 

Sharon, where did you order your dress from? I haven't gone dress shopping yet but I've been looking online alot. I know its risky but some of the dresses or so much cheaper!  That stinks about your dress- I take it there are no refunds? I'm sure you'll find something soon!

 

Ashlynn, thanks for posting that-I'll have to check out that website for our chair sashes.


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve and Amy 2/04/2011
Tara & Andy 2/10/11
rscherle- 2/19/2011

Rachel & Kevin - 2/20/2011
saymyname74- 3/5/2011

L'Oreal and Michael - 3/26/11

Kerry & Gary - 4/8/2011
Melissa & Michael - 4/22/11
Dawn & Jimmy  - 4/30/2011
Leah & Jamie - 5/3/11
Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
Melissa & Nathanael 5/8/11
Winter & Steven - 5/10/2011
Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Lauren & Brian 05/25/2011

Brooke & Mike 06-18-2011

Sharon & Josh 7/17/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Maile & Richard 8/26/11

Ivelisse & Steve 10/28/11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Haven't decided completely about the DJ.  They offered the lit dance floor for free, but you are right, it looks small if those are the pictures on FB.  I asked how large it was and am awaiting on an answer.  If the size is acceptable, I may use the resort DJ.
 

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

rach2011..are you going to use DJ Julian Molina for your DJ or the resort DJ??  What are they offering if you use him?

 

Do you know if that the one that is on Facebook?  His light up dance floor looks tiny...

 

Yes..Ana told us the same thing regarding the Cocktail Hour.  Such a great exchange!!    ffor



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello, we're butterfly farmers and pleased to be bringing eco-friendly butterfly releases back to destination weddings in Jamaica. Videos of our releases can be found here: https://youtu.be/LIzidGsR89o One love,   Nadine   Fruit Hill Butterfly Farm fruithillbutterflies.com 
    • I’m a wedding planner/organizer by profession. Truth be told, I don’t have that much experience in the industry but I’m doing the best I can. We will be working on a wedding next month with a foreign couple. I’m usually the one who handles everything on behalf of the bride during the day so I need some tips and advice on how to handle brides from foreign countries. Do they need special accommodations? What are the kinds of services they are used to when under pressure? What kind of snacks should I offer them during breaks or when they’re hungry? Thanks so much in advance.
    • Mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi là 1 trong những biểu hiện nhận thấy Bệnh mào gà có phải như thế không? Và sau đây là một vài các thông tin của căn Bệnh sùi mào gà tới từ triệu chứng mọc mụn tại cuống lưỡi, mọi người nên tham khảo và bổ sung vào kho tri thức của mình nhé. Với các thông tin triệu chứng trên, bạn có thể tìm hiểu thêm.Mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi chỉ là một trong nhiều triệu chứng của căn Bệnh mào gà, hoặc là một dấu hiệu chứng bệnh nào đó khác và cũng có thể chỉ là một triệu chứng sinh lý bình thường. Để có thể đem đến được các chuẩn đoán chuẩn xác nhất bạn hãy đến với trung tâp y tế gặp trực tiếp bác sỹ để điều trị nhé. các dấu hiệu triệu chứng của căn bệnh mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi - các biểu hiện triệu chứng của căn bệnh mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi sau quá trình lây nhiễm virus gây bệnh thì bệnh có quá trình ủ bệnh, và Căn cứ vào từng cơ địa của từng người mà quy trình ủ căn bệnh có thể kéo dài từ 2 - 8 tháng, kế tiếp thì chứng bệnh mới có các biểu hiện ban đầu như xuất hiện các vùng da sẩn đỏ, nổi mụn nhỏ ly ti có màu hồng nhạt, kế tiếp những nốt mụn này kết dính và có hình dạng sùi lên có hình dạng như mào con gà - lúc này thì các tồn thương, các mào gà này sẽ xuất hiện thêm triệu chứng chảy dịch nhờn, khi ấn tay mạnh vào các mào gà đó thì chúng chảy mủ có mùi rất không dễ chịu. - hiện tượng chứng bệnh mọc mụn tại cuống lưỡi tại đàn ông bình thường hay xuất hiện ở rãnh bao quy đầu, có thể ở bẹn, háng hay thậm chí là tại cả hậu môn, còn tại giới nữ thì triệu chứng chính ở môi trên, môi dưới, tại cửa mình...đặc biệt cổ tử cung làm ra triệu chứng vô sinh tại nữ giới bởi vì những nốt mào gà gây ngăn cản khả năng thụ tinh của tinh trùng với trứng - ngay đó chứng bệnh còn dấu hiệu tại những khu vực khác như đường miệng, lưỡi, khóe mắt, vùng mắt, tay chân... bệnh mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi có nhiều dấu hiệu và biểu hiện hết sức phức tạp vì vậy nếu phát hiện các dấu hiệu của bệnh thì tốt nhất nên đến các trung tâm y tế gần nhất để kiểm tra và điều trị Với các thông tin như trên hi vọng bạn đã hiểu rõ và biết nhiều hơn về các hiện tượng mọc mụn ở cuống lưỡi có phải hiện tượng Bệnh mào gà không. những cái nhìn bằng mắt thường chỉ là một trong những cách để nhận biết. Bạn có thể đến với phòng khám đa khoa Hoàn Cầu để được chỉ dẫn và trị bệnh 1 hình thức tốt nhất nhé. Mọi thông tin rõ hơn có thể coi ở nhiều hơn tại địa chỉ website: https://dakhoahoancau.vn/
    • Hi, I am getting married after one year. I have tons of planning to do and very little time. Planning a wedding can be difficult especially when there is less time. I have to do a lot of things on my own and at the same time work overtime to earn more money. Recently when I was hanging out with my close friends, I noticed that my friend who had crooked teeth like mine had perfect teeth now. I was surprised to see that I asked her that what did you do for a sudden change. She said that she tried Invisalign braces and had a change with her smile within a short time. I told about this to my bf and he also told me to give a try for it. I took an appointment with a dentist in Aurora. I don't know whether there will be a  change within a short time. What can you say on this? Am I taken a good decision?
    • Hi, I'm in a relationship with a guy who is in my college. He is planning to migrate from our area and he wants to marry me before he leaves. He is well planned for our marriage. He accompanied me for all the wedding shopping and was supporting me a lot. But there was an unexpected accident and I fell down hitting the floor. I was taken to the nearby clinic for getting the emergency dental care  from a clinic in Toronto. My front canine was lost after the accident and I think I need to get dentures before my wedding. Or according to your opinion what can be done other than dentures?
  • Topics

×