Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Hi Ladies, after doing a little digging I've found a facebook page for Visual Sound. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Visual-Sound-Music-for-your-eyes/162421077127411#!/pages/Visual-Sound-Music-for-your-eyes/162421077127411?v=wall Seems like they have a decent set up and some good pictures of weddings they've done...looks like people are dancing atleast! LOL...I think his dancefloor may be a touch smaller but it still lights up... Alot of his posts are in Spanish so it's hard to understand what he's advertising or posting but you can atleast check it out for now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice find!!

 

I can't believe we've had to DIG to find anything on their DJ's..I emailed them weeks ago about contact for the two they listed and haven't heard ANYTHING!!
 

Originally Posted by Lindsay in love View Post

Hi Ladies, after doing a little digging I've found a facebook page for Visual Sound.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Visual-Sound-Music-for-your-eyes/162421077127411#!/pages/Visual-Sound-Music-for-your-eyes/162421077127411?v=wall

Seems like they have a decent set up and some good pictures of weddings they've done...looks like people are dancing atleast! LOL...I think his dancefloor may be a touch smaller but it still lights up...

Alot of his posts are in Spanish so it's hard to understand what he's advertising or posting but you can atleast check it out for now...
 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I had asked Ana about the vendors so I can do research before I go down for the visit. Adventure Photos looks like they do a great job. Glad lindsay in love found a website for the dj. I tried looking for the florist that they use but couldn't find anything. But I think if you use deco or another vendor they'll be able to do the flowers. trying to get everything in order :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pbjwed..just wanted to thank you again for all your help even after your big day!  You've been wonderful!! 

 

What did you do first?  Reserve your week with Dreams?  Then priced out packages?  We were thinking to wait and see what the deals were then base our week on that - but my TA just told me to contact Dreams to reserve a week first - makes sense.  Like he said - if it's not available what's the point in researching deals! 

 

To reserve do we have to put a deposit down?  I wonder if we can move the dates if we need to..?  Especially cause we'll need to be there for more than just the 7 days (need/want - ha!)..??  How long were you there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your groomsmen were introduced??  Please share??  msnwink.gif
 

Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by allegraapple View Post

Oh - here's a link to our slideshow - for a glimpse into our wedding. Enjoy!

 

http://121210newman.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/#/newman-1/


Aww Allegra - cute photos!!!

 

I saw you taking photos on the stairs leading up to the lobby prior to your wedding, and I was actually by the pool watching your ceremony (from a non-creeper distance, of course!)... everyone in my group thought it was awesome how your groomsmen were introduced!

 

Congrats :)
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your pictures are beautiful!!  It looks like you had a blast!!  Did you have Ivan from Doremixx? 

 

Where did you get your maracas & what was the saying on them?

 

 

Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post

Hi girls! Sorry I have been gone for what seems like FOREVER... it's been so hectic since the wedding (Christmas, and then back to school and work...). I just wanted to check in and say hello. And to share a few photos that our photographer posted to his blog.

 

These are from the wedding day: http://www.michaelwachniak.com/realloveis/2010/12/angela-craig-dreams-rivieracancun-resort-destination-wedding/

 

And these are from the TTD two days later: http://www.michaelwachniak.com/realloveis/2011/01/angela-craig-trash-the-dress-session-in-cancun-mexico/

 

I promise I'm working on a review for you soon!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Wow your pictures are amazing.  How many guests did you have?  I love the shakers, the guests probably put it to good us.  Did you let the DJ know what kind of music you guys like or did he just played whatever is new?  I can't wait to read your reviews.  What room did you get?

 

Sharon July 17
 

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

Your pictures are beautiful!!  It looks like you had a blast!!  Did you have Ivan from Doremixx? 

 

Where did you get your maracas & what was the saying on them?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post

Hi girls! Sorry I have been gone for what seems like FOREVER... it's been so hectic since the wedding (Christmas, and then back to school and work...). I just wanted to check in and say hello. And to share a few photos that our photographer posted to his blog.

 

These are from the wedding day: http://www.michaelwachniak.com/realloveis/2010/12/angela-craig-dreams-rivieracancun-resort-destination-wedding/

 

And these are from the TTD two days later: http://www.michaelwachniak.com/realloveis/2011/01/angela-craig-trash-the-dress-session-in-cancun-mexico/

 

I promise I'm working on a review for you soon!


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Yes how was your groomsman introduced and who introduced them?  I was thinking of fun ways to introduce our bridesmaid and groomsman as well.  Was thinking about having them dance or something crazy.  By the way, your dress is absolutely amazing and I love the flowers in your hair, where did you get it at?

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

Your groomsmen were introduced??  Please share??  msnwink.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by allegraapple View Post

Oh - here's a link to our slideshow - for a glimpse into our wedding. Enjoy!

 

http://121210newman.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/#/newman-1/


Aww Allegra - cute photos!!!

 

I saw you taking photos on the stairs leading up to the lobby prior to your wedding, and I was actually by the pool watching your ceremony (from a non-creeper distance, of course!)... everyone in my group thought it was awesome how your groomsmen were introduced!

 

Congrats :)
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hello Janine,

 

I would love your excel sheet too if you can email it to me as well.  Sharonmydung@gmail.com

I love the lanterns, did you bring that or was that extra with the resort?

 

I love your colors it's amazing.  I am just curious if I am suppose to contact the DJ's and photograher or does the coordinator do that?  I am planning on using their photographer so I am not sure what to do since the communication is so poor.

 

So Happy for you:)

 

Sharon July 17
 

Originally Posted by pbjwed View Post



Lindsay,

 

I didnt know they actually used it.. I was just ranting because I was so mad about the communication!!  That was about the only time I was able to relax on the beach before the wedding.  I can send you all my planning sheets..  I dont have an excel for the breakdown because after the wedding they just give you receipts for each breakdown...  we matched it to the breakdown we had for what it would cost,.... 

 

I have to check bookit.com out!  Thanks again for the kind words.  I was a crazy bride- lol  but my wedding was so great!!!    anything u need let me know. I am happy to help. I know how stressful it is planning!!

 

Janine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay in love View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjwed View Post

DSC01045.JPGDSC01081.JPGDSC01098.JPGRAW2_0349.JPGRAW2_0235.JPGIMG_8735.JPGIMG_8714.JPGDSC01110.JPG




Hey Janine! Did you know that you are on the marketing video for DRC on bookit.com? I watched it the other day as I sent a few guests there to book (prices are very good on that site BTW, even for Canadians) and I totally recognized you on the video being interviewed (after seeing your wedding pics, you are hard to forget cause you're GORGEOUS! LOL) so I thought I would mention it...thanks for all the helpful planning info and the suggestions on deco cancun and stuff. Did you say you had a excel sheet that you used to track everything? I would LOVE if you could email that to me at lindsayspencer@live.ca. You had an AMAZING wedding...so organized and truly perfect down to the last detail...well done! Hope you are enjoying your newlywed days :-)

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×