RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstock311 View Post
No, kids aren't free unfortunately.
In my contract kids that are 12 and under are free at the hotel..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjwed View Post

we have to pay for children for the actual dinner reception... but if 2 adults pay children 12 and under are free. maybe we got a promo...

Somewhere I read they can have 3 weddings a day. I was told they can only have two a day!

Quote:
Kids are free at the resort only at certain times of the year...when I was there in February, kids were NOT free. I had originally thought that they were free all year long too!

I also wanted to let any brides that are bringing stuff to know that tealights don't work outdoors because it's too windy. You need hurricane type candles or you will have to get the battery powered tealights. I don't know what I was thinking when I brought them down. Also the chair bows and overlays looked awesome and they are pretty cheap online at linentablecoth. they were less than $1.00 a piece for the organza chair bows. The resort didn't charge us to put them on the chairs or move them to the reception. They rolled them up afterward and sent them to the room when asked a couple of days later. It was easy to transport them and I think that they made a huge difference in the look of the wedding and reception. Just my opinion.

Quote:
we have to pay for children for the actual dinner reception... but if 2 adults pay children 12 and under are free. maybe we got a promo...

Somewhere I read they can have 3 weddings a day. I was told they can only have two a day!
Yeah, maybe kids just aren't free for us because of the time of year we will be there. I looked at the specials they have now but I'm wondering if a) you need to book through the resort to get them and B) are they just the specials for right now and won't apply for our wedding in January. We're using Amex Travel for our group rate and they price match or beat prices and special offers if you find them elsewhere. I'm going to ask our TA about the specials posted on the site and see if they will apply for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstock311 View Post
Yeah, maybe kids just aren't free for us because of the time of year we will be there. I looked at the specials they have now but I'm wondering if a) you need to book through the resort to get them and B) are they just the specials for right now and won't apply for our wedding in January. We're using Amex Travel for our group rate and they price match or beat prices and special offers if you find them elsewhere. I'm going to ask our TA about the specials posted on the site and see if they will apply for us.
I just checked the terms and conditions on the website specials and they are good through December 23, 2010. Some of the resort credits and room upgrades we did get with our group rate but I am going to ask her about the free kids. I'm sure the resort will have specials for 2011 soon. We'll just have to keep checking back and then inform the TA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradobridesmom View Post
I also wanted to let any brides that are bringing stuff to know that tealights don't work outdoors because it's too windy. You need hurricane type candles or you will have to get the battery powered tealights. I don't know what I was thinking when I brought them down. Also the chair bows and overlays looked awesome and they are pretty cheap online at linentablecoth. they were less than $1.00 a piece for the organza chair bows. The resort didn't charge us to put them on the chairs or move them to the reception. They rolled them up afterward and sent them to the room when asked a couple of days later. It was easy to transport them and I think that they made a huge difference in the look of the wedding and reception. Just my opinion.
Thanks for the info! THey did move the ceremony bows for you to the reception? I didn't know if they would do that so I was originally going to order double the amount of chair bows.

They just move the whole chair with the bow on it over to the reception area so you only need one set of bows. We brought little bubble tubes and they set one on each chair for us also. They really strive to make you happy and everything will look great. The truth is they do so many weddings so they are really good at it. I saw them set up a wedding ceremony for 9 pm on a balcony outside the disco because that is what the bride wanted.