Jump to content
RCBlondie

Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Recommended Posts

Hey girls, I have a random question... what are you doing for shoes? Especially for those of you who have already been there, what would you recommend?

 

I'm definitely thinking flat or wedge sandals for the beach, but would like to kick it up a notch for the reception with a fun pair of heels! We are having our reception on the pool deck though and I started wondering whether heels would be a problem in terms of getting them stuck between the slats of wood on the deck... am I being crazy or should I be wary of a skinny heel for the reception?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
Hey girls, I have a random question... what are you doing for shoes? Especially for those of you who have already been there, what would you recommend?

I'm definitely thinking flat or wedge sandals for the beach, but would like to kick it up a notch for the reception with a fun pair of heels! We are having our reception on the pool deck though and I started wondering whether heels would be a problem in terms of getting them stuck between the slats of wood on the deck... am I being crazy or should I be wary of a skinny heel for the reception?
These are the shoes that I wore in silver...

FRONDORF - women's fashion flats sandals for sale at ALDO Shoes.

I thought about wearing heels for the reception too and had the same concerns with the pool deck. Funny thing is that I don't think anyone at my wedding was wearing heels and I was so happy to be wearing flat sandals that I am not sure how it would have worked out with heelshuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly129 View Post
Thanks! Here's what our oot bags will have in them:
- Mexican wedding cookies (I'm on a hunt for bakery in playa or cancun to order these from - will be trying to nail that down on our site visit next month). These have a little tag that says "Abrezos" (hugs) which I ordered from ForYourParty.com Wedding favors, custom wedding napkins, party favors, and more. Make your special occasion unique with personalized favors!. I believe they cost $90 for 150 tags (I got 50 of each)
- Chocolates from Ah Cocoa - those will have a tag that says "Besos" (Kisses)
- A Just in Case bag: Advil, tums, pepto, purell, shout wipes, bug repellant wipes...my fiance ordered all this stuff off of Amazon.com - it's amazing the stuff you can find on there
- Personalized Koozie
- Mexican Worry Dolls - we bought these in San Antonio at a mexican market - they're little dolls with a slip of paper that says "mexican children put these dolls under thier pillows at night and the dolls take all thier worries away" - although they're technically Guatamalean...
- Welcome Letter with Agenda.

I made two stickers - one says "Shake For a Kiss" and we're attaching those to adorable little hang tags I ordered from www.paperpresentation.com (in the color flame which is a metallicy orange, they have the same color at foryourparty.) and then I made 2x2 stickers that say "bienvenidos a mexico" and those will go on the outside of the gable box. I found a great website if you want to make stickers:

Online Labels - Labels for laser and inkjet printers! Compatible with all popular software programs for printing labels! - when you order labels they give you an access code to Maestro or something - but it's an online based program where you can design your sticker and then simply print them off -no worrying about the margins etc. I highly reccommend it.

I'm going to upload some pictures into photobucket and I'll post them.
Everything looks great!!! And thanks for the Ah Cacao recommendation - sorry I didn't remember it was you :) Everybody really loved the chocolates!! I got the package of 3 chocolates and they were on the tables at each place setting at the reception for my favors. Loved them!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone who has been married already, had their dinner on the beach, We have 11 adults and 3 children staying at DRC and attending our wedding in July 2010. We would like our dinner on the beach, our wedding is at 3pm and wondering what is the best time for dinner. Should we have Hors D’Oeuvers between wedding and meal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question with regards to wedding photography. We where looking atj uanphotos but someone posted a copy of various photographers, and I saw Cecilia Dumas- Wedding photography, There prices are very good and their website looks good. Anyone have any suggestions?

We would definantly like a copy of Cd with all photographs and they are charging only $200 for their Cd rom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
Hey girls, I have a random question... what are you doing for shoes? Especially for those of you who have already been there, what would you recommend?

I'm definitely thinking flat or wedge sandals for the beach, but would like to kick it up a notch for the reception with a fun pair of heels! We are having our reception on the pool deck though and I started wondering whether heels would be a problem in terms of getting them stuck between the slats of wood on the deck... am I being crazy or should I be wary of a skinny heel for the reception?
I'm doing flats for the ceremony and then I bought a pair of pink heels for afterwards - I have our reception on the pool deck as well. I was thinking of buying these: The SoleMates - High Heel Protectors, Prevents Heels from Sinking into Grass just to be safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Laura! No worries about Ah Cocoa - I'm glad you used them and liked them! Did I read in your review that they delivered the chocolates to the hotel? That would be awesome if they did!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been out of the loop a few days and there are so many great posts! Thanks for the review, pics, and oot bag info. This forum has been a lifesaver for me!

 

Anyone been there lately and keep the resorts lists of activities and times? I'd love to see that to get a better idea of what happens when.

 

Tell me if I'm crazy - I like sparkles and heels. Maybe it's to help me feel feminine after all my mom chores, but I love these heels. My mom said the nude wouldn't work for the wedding, but I'm not sure. Are they too much?

Aqua Crystal Flower Platform Heels-Sz. 5-11 - Unique Vintage - 2010 Prom Dresses, Cheap Prom Dresses

I'm doing the oleg cassini ct326 that's T-length in front and long in back. I wanted a shoe that will work for the "blue" in the "something old, something new..."

I'm keeping things a little on the casual side, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubry View Post
I've been out of the loop a few days and there are so many great posts! Thanks for the review, pics, and oot bag info. This forum has been a lifesaver for me!

Anyone been there lately and keep the resorts lists of activities and times? I'd love to see that to get a better idea of what happens when.

Tell me if I'm crazy - I like sparkles and heels. Maybe it's to help me feel feminine after all my mom chores, but I love these heels. My mom said the nude wouldn't work for the wedding, but I'm not sure. Are they too much?
Aqua Crystal Flower Platform Heels-Sz. 5-11 - Unique Vintage - 2010 Prom Dresses, Cheap Prom Dresses
I'm doing the oleg cassini ct326 that's T-length in front and long in back. I wanted a shoe that will work for the "blue" in the "something old, something new..."
I'm keeping things a little on the casual side, too.
These are super cute! Will the nude blend in with your skin tone? I don't think it matters because its the flower that catches the attention, not the strap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
Everything looks great!!! And thanks for the Ah Cacao recommendation - sorry I didn't remember it was you :) Everybody really loved the chocolates!! I got the package of 3 chocolates and they were on the tables at each place setting at the reception for my favors. Loved them!!
Laura,

How far in advance did you order the chocolates and who put them out for you? I'm having my ceremony at 6 and reception at 7 and I'm worried about them melting..

Cathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×