#21 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
    Oooh, I love your monogram! Teal would work too but I really like the color it is now...
    Aww thanks Jaime! I'm planning on posting a thread with comparisons for both combinations. Hopefully you all can help

#22 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:21 PM

Welcome! Let us know how we can help.

#23 Trista

Trista
      • 304 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amyh
        Welcome Trista!!! I just read your last post on everything that your DIY's! You must post pics (if you haven't noticed yet, we all love viewing pics!)

And I love teal. It really pops. I'm currently rethinking my colors and adding teal instead of lime, but can't decided yet.
        I do plan to post lots of pics, I already LOVE this forum..I promise to do a "my stuff" post and provide any information to help other future brides...

I love teal too but honestly I LOVE your monogram and the colour of lime too, its original and different and I like that!! I started out with teal but have incorporated a "deep coral" colour in my flowers mixed with white as teal flowers are very hard to find...
        COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

#24 Trista

Trista
        • 304 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:53 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
          Welcome Trista!!! Us Canadian's are starting to take this forum over!!

I love the idea of an elopment "without the surprise", at this point I'm sure a lot of us can agree that's a good idea!! lol.
          Well not quite over but I must admit, we are a large number here..I love American shopping though..I must add that its been hard to find a lot of stuff in Canada and thus have spent tons of money on shipping and duty..Do you have the same problem?

As for the elopment, yeah, we did not want the fuss and honestly we wanted it to be intimate and although I am sure on the day of the wedding it will feel different, I have incorporated pics of my parents and (little dog) in my bouquet so I can feel them there with me!! haha..Sappy I know~

#25 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
          • 4,979 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Trista
            Well not quite over but I must admit, we are a large number here..I love American shopping though..I must add that its been hard to find a lot of stuff in Canada and thus have spent tons of money on shipping and duty..Do you have the same problem?

Omg, yes I have the same problem! Shipping is SO much, it can almost be as much as whatever it is you're purchasing. I started a thread because it ticked me off so much... I just started it the other day, but have a look and feel free to add to it if you have anything...

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t5892
            Happily Married since May 9, 2008
            Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#26 Trista

Trista
            • 304 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
              Omg, yes I have the same problem! Shipping is SO much, it can almost be as much as whatever it is you're purchasing. I started a thread because it ticked me off so much... I just started it the other day, but have a look and feel free to add to it if you have anything...

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t5892
              Thanks, That is the only problem with Canada, what is "free trade" it seems it serves American but not Canada cause I get knabbed EVERY single time I order...I have known people to never have to pay duty and I could order from the same place and order the same thing and DUTY hits me each time..LOL...

#27 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

welcome to the forum! i love your story - and I cant' wait to hear how your wedding turns out!

#28 Trista

Trista
                • 304 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:16 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by akh
                  welcome to the forum! i love your story - and I cant' wait to hear how your wedding turns out!
                  I will for sure keep you all posted and will post lots of pics...thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users