Tips for engagement shoot?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ~Angela~

~Angela~
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:15 PM

Hi ladies,

So after a year of being engaged, and another whole year to go before our wedding, we are finally getting engagement photos done on Thursday evening.

I am just wondering if any of you have any tips for what to wear, what to do, makeup tips, etc?

Any info is greatly appreciated ...as always!

Thanks!

#2 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
    • 165 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

Depends on where your photo location is, I would wear my most favorite outfit to fit the scene, and would definitely get my make-up professionally done, as it's different to the regular everyday make-up. Hope this helps :)

#3 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
      • 5,521 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

I would def get your hair and make up done professionally! Any chance I get I do that especially for photos you are going to have and remember forever!!! Have so much fun! I love pictures!!!

#4 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
        • 3,103 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

If it makes you feel any better I've been engaged for a year and a half and will be getting my engagement shoot at the end of August. I have picked out (ok purchased) 3 outfits for myself and one of my bridesmaids actually owns a salon and is doing my hair and makeup.

I agree with the other ladies, it's worth the investment of having great hair and makeup for photos you'll have forever.

#5 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
          • Vendor
          • 2,782 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:02 AM

Ask your photographer. Depending on the style, he/she will be able to give your recommendations.
            I said style is to be considered,because some photographers just do portraits while standing and some make you do a lot of sitting,laying down,and other stuff that may ruin a delicate dress.

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=future_mrs2010;914769]I would def get your hair and make up done professionally! QUOTE]

I totally agree. I'd also choose a casual outfit and dressed up look. I think having a couple totally different outfits will give you a wider range of photos.

#7 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

yeah, get your makeup done! I didn't get my hair done and it turned out fine.

Good luck! We had a drink before and it helped us relax

#8 alkoch

alkoch
                • 515 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

Great tips, we are scheduling our engagement pics now too!

#9 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                  • 949 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

i just had my engagement pictures done about a month ago and i definitely agree with everyone else... get your hair and makeup done... your confidence will definitely shine through!

i also agree with what tammyb said... we did one casual outfit and one dressed up look. we had planned ahead the places we were taking pictures and knew that certain looks worked better based on the background.

another great tip that my photographer gave us is choosing outfits with simple colors, but having some accessories that pop. that way your clothes don't overwhelm the pictures, but you still have some fun, colorful touches!

#10 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
                    • 450 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

I haven't got ours done yet, but I think it's a great idea to get your hair and make up done for it! Glad I read this thread :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users