Photo

Starfish - need them for table setting

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 krebsler

krebsler
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

I too am looking for starfish for my tables. I am looking for the orange ones but I know which ones you are looking for as well. I found the orange and white ones at Walmart and they are $2 each. The problem is there are only 2 per box so I'm trying to figure out if Walmart will order 15 boxes for me. I am planning on having the starfish in a rectangular tin filled with sand and putting our guest names/table number tied to each starfish. That way our guests will select their starfish and bring it to the table, which will add great decoration to the table. Thought I'd share my idea :)

#12 Patti

Patti
    • 555 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

That's a wonderful idea. Good thinking!!

#13 SusieQ

SusieQ
      • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by shiplandsafish
        Hi there - I've noticed a lot of brides with starfish decor at the ceremony or reception. I've found some here at Michael's but they're $6.95 CDN each which is a ridiculous price! Does anyone know if there's a place in Cabo to buy starfish for the table displays? It would save room in my suitcase too if I don't have to bubblewrap and pack them. I need about 20 more for the tables. Anyone familiar with somewhere in Cabo that carries them?
        I bought mine at Dollarama for a buck a bag, bag has about ten in there.

#14 kris

kris
        • 506 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:44 PM

I just bought 50 pencil starfish off Etsy and got them shipped to canada for 39.95 (Came out to 45 after shipping) They are 3.5-4inches in size

#15 Vikki

Vikki
          • 807 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

I found a ton at Zurcher's Party and Wedding store. They're a little smaller that the ones at Michael's but at $3 for 30 I'm ok with that, I'm just arranging them together with fishing wire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users