has anyone tried Snuba?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

It's a mix between snorkeling & scuba. You don't need to be certified. You snorkel about 20-30 feet underwater with an oxygen line.

I'm thinking about trying it in Hawaii next summer, but I wanted to hear from people who have done it.

I've also been thinking about getting scuba certified, but I don't know that I have the time to dedicate to it right now.

#2 alisonu22

• 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

I loved it. I'm not scuba certified and it was a great alternative to snorkeling. The only issue was my ears hurt afterwards from the depth. But I seemed to be the only one who had that issue out of our group of 4. I definitely recommend it!!

#3 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

I loved it! I love snorkeling as well, but snuba is a fun alternative! I def. recommend it!
        Loving married life! <3

#4 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,853 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

I just learned about Snuba this last weekend. We are going to Puerto Rico in April with freinds who are big scuba divers. I am really interested in getting certified, but dont really have the time or extra thousand dollars laying around right now. So my freind suggested that we snuba. I believe that they will let you go down about 15 feet. It sounds exciting.
          Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#5 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

My FI's family lives in FL & goes lobstering every year so they bought a "hook-a-rig" (basically an inner tube that holds an O2 tank & has lines. Sounds pretty similar so they have been using it for years & love it.
            Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#6 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

I did Snuba a few times in the Caribbean and it was great! I wanted something more exciting than snorkeling and I didn't want to get certified for scuba. I tell everyone about it. You definitely should try it!
              Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#7 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

My mom and I tried "Snuba" in Thailand and we had a blast. Will definitely do it again!

#8 staceychris17

• 196 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

We have tried it and it was so much fun!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users