Sign in to follow this  
rodent

has anyone tried Snuba?

It's a mix between snorkeling & scuba. You don't need to be certified. You snorkel about 20-30 feet underwater with an oxygen line.

I'm thinking about trying it in Hawaii next summer, but I wanted to hear from people who have done it.

I've also been thinking about getting scuba certified, but I don't know that I have the time to dedicate to it right now.

I loved it. I'm not scuba certified and it was a great alternative to snorkeling. The only issue was my ears hurt afterwards from the depth. But I seemed to be the only one who had that issue out of our group of 4. I definitely recommend it!!

I just learned about Snuba this last weekend. We are going to Puerto Rico in April with freinds who are big scuba divers. I am really interested in getting certified, but dont really have the time or extra thousand dollars laying around right now. So my freind suggested that we snuba. I believe that they will let you go down about 15 feet. It sounds exciting.

My FI's family lives in FL & goes lobstering every year so they bought a "hook-a-rig" (basically an inner tube that holds an O2 tank & has lines. Sounds pretty similar so they have been using it for years & love it.

I did Snuba a few times in the Caribbean and it was great! I wanted something more exciting than snorkeling and I didn't want to get certified for scuba. I tell everyone about it. You definitely should try it!