Photo

Wedding dress.....buy or rent?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 091909bride2be

091909bride2be
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

Has anyone rented a gown for their vegas wedding. I have looked around a bit and they seem kind of expensive. I was thinking I might be better off buying a used one.....but then I have to worry about it on the plane. Any ideas or suggestions

#2 shan13

shan13
    • 189 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:11 AM

I actually bought mine and am taking with me..but I will be there a few days before the wedding and will have the hotel steam for me if needed..not sure about the rental...never entertained the thought but myabe you could try getting one on sale..I know lots of shops here are running $99 specials if you don't want anything expensive...

#3 091909bride2be

091909bride2be
      • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

I guess this means everyone bought their dress, haha. I was thinking that was the safer way too. Two months to go.....it looks like I am going to have to get a dress that fits me perfectly. No time for alterations :)

#4 canadianheather

canadianheather
        • 47 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Where in Ontario are you located? We have a great consignment bridal in Windsor called Lady Di's. Dresses range from $200-800 and she has some beautiful selections. I think you'll be happier if you buy a dress, that way you can have it altered to fit you perfectly. It's really not that big of a deal travelling with the dress. You simply ask the airline stewardess to hang it up in first class. They are usually very accommodating! Goodluck

#5 091909bride2be

091909bride2be
          • 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

I am in Niagara Falls. I was looking for a used store around here but I don't think there are any. I have been looking on Kijiji.....you can find some nice dresses on there. I just haven't actually went to try any on yet. Thanks for you help though, I will buy one.....soon, haha.

#6 091909bride2be

091909bride2be
            • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:44 AM

The search is over.....bought the dress and I love it! Only 48 days left until I get to wear it :)

#7 nicmicj

nicmicj
              • 244 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

I'm glad you found what you wanted. You will probably be happier with that decision anyway to buy vs. rent. At least you wouldn't have the headache of trying to find something that you really loved for that special day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users