When to arrive?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jlmille3

• 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

Hello All!

Quick Question:

If we are planning on getting married on Saturday in Jamaica (The Caves in Negril), when would we need to arrive, the Wednesday or Thursday before?

Thanks for your help!

#2 weddingchick

• 1,052 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

whenever you want if your having a symbolic ceremony. I believe it's 3-4 days prior to wedding if it's a legal wedding. we planned to arrive a week before our wedding to have time to spend alone.

#3 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

we also arrived the day before our guests (not in JA, but I guess it applies too any location! :)), it was nice to settle in before everyone got there.
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 scrouse

• 185 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

From what I understand, you have to be in Jamaica for 24hrs before you can be married (cruise brides have different rules).

However, if you are getting married on a resort, I think most resorts tell you that you need to arrive ~3 days prior to your ceremony (I think for planning purposes?).

I am getting married off the resort and only need to be in the country for 24hrs before my ceremony.

#5 Marie

• 138 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:17 AM

Im sure I read you have to be in jamaica 48 hours before legally be married....and I think it was 2 full business day, weekends dont count. Or maybe I read 24?? I read it under the Question & Answers of RIU Ocho Rios, where we're getting married--every resort offering weddings should state the regulations....check a little further into--Ill have to go back now and double check myself....

#6 big3n09

• 616 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

it's either 24 or 48 hours but I also think it depends on your resort each probably have their preference and base it on what has to be done when you arrive because their government offices are closed on weekends
              4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#7 jennibak

• 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

You do have to be in Jamaica for 48 hours (weekends do not count). I had a friend get married there, and LOVED it!

#8 jlmille3

• 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied! We booked resort reservation to allow ourselves the 48 hours before the wedding.

Best of luck to all of you!

#9 Jamaica721

• 38 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

For Jamaica you have to be there 48 hours prior to your wedding day if you're having a legal ceremony.

#10 A2Bride

• 676 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

Glad you made your reservation!! Yeah!!! Btw, we are getting there on Monday and getting married on Fri.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users