Sign in to follow this  
jlmille3

When to arrive?

Hello All!

Quick Question:

If we are planning on getting married on Saturday in Jamaica (The Caves in Negril), when would we need to arrive, the Wednesday or Thursday before?

Thanks for your help!

whenever you want if your having a symbolic ceremony. I believe it's 3-4 days prior to wedding if it's a legal wedding. we planned to arrive a week before our wedding to have time to spend alone.

From what I understand, you have to be in Jamaica for 24hrs before you can be married (cruise brides have different rules).

However, if you are getting married on a resort, I think most resorts tell you that you need to arrive ~3 days prior to your ceremony (I think for planning purposes?).

I am getting married off the resort and only need to be in the country for 24hrs before my ceremony.

Im sure I read you have to be in jamaica 48 hours before legally be married....and I think it was 2 full business day, weekends dont count. Or maybe I read 24?? I read it under the Question & Answers of RIU Ocho Rios, where we're getting married--every resort offering weddings should state the regulations....check a little further into--Ill have to go back now and double check myself....

it's either 24 or 48 hours but I also think it depends on your resort each probably have their preference and base it on what has to be done when you arrive because their government offices are closed on weekends