Photo

Flowers, Photographer Riu OR

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#171 chicago88

chicago88
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

Great thanks Brittney!! Can I get these at like a Micheal's or something too??

Therese & Jay
    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
    http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#172 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
    • 679 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

I am sure you can, but there are some great resources on-line. You can even order from a company that will send you samples, so you can make sure it is exactly what you want. Just don't buy these until it is closer to your wedding, because they will lose color over time.
      Brittney & Peter
      July 12, 2008
      Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#173 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:37 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Heidi
        the more I think about it.... freeze-dried petals will be MUCH more environmentally-friendly. They're not really THAT much money either: Freeze Dried Rose Petals - Petal Garden $16.95 for 8 cups here. maybe I'll do that...

but silk is $17.99 for 1,000 petals: Silk Rose Petals Value Packs

hmmmmm decisions, decisions!
        I was just thinking about the environmentally-friendly part, how on earth would they clean up all those silk petals?
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#174 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BrittneyD
          I would do freeze dried if I only needed a small amount, but would need 1200 to do a dense aisle. That would get expensive really quickly.
          Brittney - I have been looking different places online and found rose petals as cheap as $8.99 for 1000 on ebay. I definitely thought they'd be more expensive. Do you think we only need 1000 or so for the whole aisle?

On another note, I've also found aisle runners for a lot less than what RIU is offering. I wonder if I brought my own, if I could use that instead? How long is the aisle?

#175 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
          • 679 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:48 PM

The aisle is 5 feet wide and about 15 yards long, so I am going to plan for 5x50. I am going to do a dense aisle, and that is 100 petals/square foot, so I will need 25,000 petals to do this. You will not need nearly this many if you are going for a scattered look. I will probably buy less than than that to begin with, just to make sure I would really need that many.
            Brittney & Peter
            July 12, 2008
            Riu Ocho Rios

#176 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
            • 679 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:50 PM

Lizz, I am sure you can bring your own aisle runner. Is the one you found cloth? I don't know if it will hold up on the beach if it isn't. The cloth ones may weight too much to bring on your own too.
              Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

#177 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
                The aisle is 5 feet wide and about 15 yards long, so I am going to plan for 5x50. I am going to do a dense aisle, and that is 100 petals/square foot, so I will need 25,000 petals to do this. You will not need nearly this many if you are going for a scattered look. I will probably buy less than than that to begin with, just to make sure I would really need that many.
                I'll probably do a scattered look, so I guess maybe 10,000 petals? Does that sound right?

#178 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

Quote:
                  Lizz, I am sure you can bring your own aisle runner. Is the one you found cloth? I don't know if it will hold up on the beach if it isn't. The cloth ones may weight too much to bring on your own too.
                  If I don't end up getting the rose petals, I'll just use the aisle runner RIU offers. It's probably easier than carrying more stuff down there!

#179 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                  • 679 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:02 PM

This is what I found:

Aisle, coverage per 100 petals: 1 square foot for dense, 2 square feet for moderate, 5 square feet for light

I think 10,000 will be more than enough for a scattered aisle. According to this, you will only need 5,000 for light coverage.
                    Brittney & Peter
                    July 12, 2008
                    Riu Ocho Rios

#180 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
                      This is what I found:

Aisle, coverage per 100 petals: 1 square foot for dense, 2 square feet for moderate, 5 square feet for light

I think 10,000 will be more than enough for a scattered aisle. According to this, you will only need 5,000 for light coverage.
                      Great! Thanks for finding that for me, Brittney. I'm clueless when it comes to things like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users