DIY popsickle stick/magnetic photo frame?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 J&MWedding

• 612 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

I did a search and didn't see any posts on this, so if anyone has tried to make this, let me know! I'm going to give it a shot.
    It seems like it would be easy, popsickle sticks glued together, leave space for a photo to put in it, glue a magnet on the back so it can go on the refrigerator, and then decorate the frame however you want! I'm thinking blue feathers on the bottom for the ocean, paint the frame and write PV 2009at the top. The guests can put a photo from the trip in it.
    I got on this kick because I saw the DIY ones on OT and the reviews weren't good on them, and thought this way is definitely inexpensive and more personal! I can't wait to get the supplies and get going! I have a 20% michaels coupon, so I can use that!

My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#2 Cassie

• 5,341 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

I haven't done this but it sounds like a really cute idea! Sounds easy to do and I'm sure your guests will love it. I'd love to see pics if you decide to make them.
      Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#3 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

Maybe you could get some Bamboo that would be a cool wood to use.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 The Mandy in Chandy

The Mandy in Chandy
        • 307 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

Ooh I agree- bamboo would look awesome. I have seen some nice craft wood at Hobby Lobby, too. Good luck! Post a pic when you make one so we can see how it turns out!

#5 tvt

• VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

also, one other thing to consider is how these diy frames would survive the trip to and from Puerto Vallarta...

#6 breeze616

• 1,760 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

Sounds like a cute idea! Be sure to post pics of them when you are done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users