Photo

2010 Iberostar Weddings

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#351 finleys7

finleys7
  • 703 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

Leah, It must be a relief to cross things off the list. I know the tiny things are a big weight, because those little items can creap back up on us.

That's great that you are working out, I agree with the tightening part. It's not so much I want to loose weight, but more of toning since over 70 people (friends and family) will be seeing me. Oh well, most of them see me at the beach over the summer so, it's really his side ;-)

I can't belive it, it's so close and we leave in 48 days...Woo Hoo!!!! Wow- I really need to get some stuff done =) lol

Did you have your dress fitting yet?

Amy - How about you...how's everything going? The AHR
    Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#352 Emmers

Emmers
    • 178 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

Hi Ladies! Just popping in here after being MIA for a little while. Seems as though we're all in that mode. I thought we were pretty good at staying on top of things throughout the past couple months, but there are just a lot of loose ends that can't be tied up until the date approaches.

We just received an email from Karla (wc) about a lot of last minute decisions. Until the email, we were always told that we'd make these decisions when we arrived down there, but now they want an immediate turnaround with all sorts of details - like flavor of cake, type of flowers, decorations, rehearsal dinner, etc. It's not that big of deal, just more of a surprise than anything that we suddenly have to turn this information around. C'est la vie.

Less than two months! Can't believe it!

#353 Emmers

Emmers
      • 178 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Oh, one more thing - are any of you having a rehearsal dinner? We were originally going back and forth about it b/c as far as we were concerned, the Italian Restaurant was the only one you could rent out and we were already doing that for the reception. Well, turns out that they can organize a large group for dinner at another restaurant. It was in the document they sent us last week. Basically we'll tell them all the folks that will be present and if we do it at an a la cart restaurant, they would just reduce that meal from the guests' allotted a la cart options. Oh, and it looks like the service is included in the package, so it's not as though you're paying per head again.

We are thinking of going ahead with this and just listing it as "optional" on the wedding events sheet we include with the oot bags. We figure the guests can decide for themselves if they want to join (we assume most, if not all, will).

#354 finleys7

finleys7
        • 703 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

Emmers - We are doing a rehearsal dinner the night before at 6 pm. We are acutally doing the rehearsal at the chapel at 6 and eating at 6:30 pm. We have booked the Japanese. We are only inviting the bridal party, parents, immediate family and readers. We have a total of 29 people, so that would be two tables worth at the Japanese.
          Shannon

Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#355 LDeeken

LDeeken
          • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hi Girls!

Shannon, I did have my dress fitting about 2 weeks ago! I am SOOO happy with my dress. I don't know about any of you girls, but I had a bit of dress regret. For awhile I was afraid I didn't pick the right one. But after putting mine on I knew I made the right choice. I think I had just been watching too many episodes of "Say yes to the dress!"

Emmers - I just got that sheet from Karla too! I think we are going to have our Rehearsal dinner at the Mexican Restaurant. We will probably just have our wedding party meet at the Gazebo at about 6 to do an informal walk through. Does anyone have suggestions on how to run the rehearsal since the WC will probably not attend? I think I would feel weird directing everyone myself.

Anyway, I'm just so excited for all of us!! Can't believe its almost here! I think I'll be said once its over, being engaged is so much fun!!

#356 finleys7

finleys7
            • 703 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

Leah - I had asked Karla and she wrote it would probably take 15-20 minutes for the walk through at the Chapel. I had assumed that she would be there, did she say to you she wouldn't. I will follow up with an email...I don't want to direct everyone either =)

hehe

I totally hear you on "Say Yes To The Dress" But some of those dresses they push on the girls are not really the 'right' ones. I like the David Tutera show...My Fair Wedding =)
              Shannon

#357 LDeeken

LDeeken
              • 200 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

Oh that would be great if she could be there. I haven't asked her yet about the actually rehearsal so I will have to check on that too.

That is so true about the dresses some people pick out on Say Yes to the Dress. You live in NY, did you ever go to Kleinfeld's? I would just want to go to have Randy help me!

So I don't know about everyone else, but it sounds like alot of our guests are starting to get really good deals on travel. We now have a total of 39 people!!

#358 sam33

sam33
                • 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hi Ladies

Just a quick question, Do I have to wait for Mayra (w/c) to contact me with regards to the details of our wedding ie; Ceremony Location, Flowers, Cake etc. Its 11 weeks till our wedding and ive heard nothing yet. Am i just being too impatient !!

#359 Britt1222

Britt1222
                  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sam33
                    Hi Ladies

Just a quick question, Do I have to wait for Mayra (w/c) to contact me with regards to the details of our wedding ie; Ceremony Location, Flowers, Cake etc. Its 11 weeks till our wedding and ive heard nothing yet. Am i just being too impatient !!

I recently e-mailed and asked for mine. I got it a day later.

#360 Emmers

Emmers
                    • 178 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by finleys7
                      Leah - I had asked Karla and she wrote it would probably take 15-20 minutes for the walk through at the Chapel. I had assumed that she would be there, did she say to you she wouldn't. I will follow up with an email...I don't want to direct everyone either =)
                      Thanks for the info! We'll be following up to see if they can do the same. I agree that it would be a tad awkward trying to orchestrate it all on your own, especially when we don't exactly know what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users