Paper bags?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SCzhen

• 99 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:54 PM

Hi everyone,
    I have regular beach totes as my OOT welcome bags for my guests. But they are huge! 20" by 13"! My wedding is next month so I have decided to stick with them. I also have the regular OOT items (advil, cards, band-aids, etc) and I'm planning on buying some snacks when I get to Mexico. But the thing is, when I put everything in, it doesn't even cover the entire bottom of the bag. I think the whole set up just looks really bad now. So I'm thinking of folding up the tote and putting all the contents into a paper bag instead and presenting it to the guests that way? What do you guys think? And would you know where I can get a good deal on paper bags? (the tote folds up to a 10 x 10)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Anna83

• 288 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:03 PM

A lot of our guests used their tote bags all week to carry stuff around the resort. I think your guests might appreciate getting the bag and not care so much what is in them.

Could you add a little larger item such as a beach towel or mug or bottle of some sort?

You can find cheap paper bags at Hobby Lobby, Walmart, or Michaels.

#3 A2Bride

• 676 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

That is similar to an OOT bag we received a few years ago, they put the larger bag in a solid color gift bag. They looked great and were very useful. Dollar stores have really cheap solid color gift bags, like 10-25 cents per...good luck!

#4 SCzhen

• 99 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

Thanks guys for your thoughts! Maybe I'm thinking its a bigger deal than it really is! Off to the discount stores I go!

#5 khomac

• 380 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

Ya, I wouldn't worry about it too much. When you give it to them, you can say "I wanted to get you guys a little something and I thought Beach Bags would be appropriate. Then as I started shopping, I found a few extra things that I thought you might need so I decided to add them"

This way, they are told that the bag is their gift and the things inside are extra's. I bet your guests aren't even expecting you to get them anything :)
            Kelly & Pablo

Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#6 zethers

• 135 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

I ended up putting all the really small items like the individual motrin, alka seltzer, pepto, chapstick, hand sanitzer, etc., items into a white lunch bag and then just put a sticker on the lunch bag. That way all the small items weren't just laying on the bottom. I also put a tag on the actual OOT bag, mine were also large beach totes, so that you could clearly tell that the bag itself was the gift. Although it wasn't necessary.

#7 britsytoll

• 129 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

I say use the beach totes and stuff them with tissue paper! That is what I will probably end up doing. I know it might be a waste but I think tissue paper in fun colors always makes gift bags look better!

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#8 SCzhen

• 99 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

thanks guys! yea i think i m going to drop the gift bag idea. i feel like at this point it'll be another item to bring and added weight to the luggage - as if i don't have enough things to bring already!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users