• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 gokartmagic

gokartmagic
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by itsfinallyhere
    I would send them out. They are not just invites they are keepsakes and momentos. They are not presented the same way or look the same. They will slao give you guests their first impression of the wedding. How formal? What your colors are, etc. STD are great but tend to be more casual.
    Sending invitations is really following proper ettiquette. Should you? Yes. Do you have to? No. You really don't need to go all out and spend a ton of money on invitations, but guests do expect them. Even if you send out the "thank you for booking, can't wait to see you there" type of deal, it's still an invitation and a keepsake. Personally, designing my invitations was really the only way I was able to set the tone for my wedding. But it is completely up to you.

Good luck!

#12 Ceci21

Ceci21
    • 44 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

Thank you for all the feedback!
      I didn't state "A formal invitation to follow" on my STD, but I like the idea of "thank you for booking...." My FI has a lot of family in NJ who will not be able to attend so he really wants to send the invitations to them, also to provide our gift registry information. I did buy the invitation stock already to create the invitation, but I was thinking about using them for the bridal shower. I was thinking about creating the boarding pass invitation for my guest who has booked on the cruise since I recently found the template to create them.
      Thanks again!

Click the image to open in full size.

#13 march132010

march132010
      • 1,057 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:51 PM

'm a cruise bride and we did not send invtatons, e are sendng newsletter to tell the informaton the would ever need!!!!!!!!!! also saving the movie and usng it for lllte gifts 4 our guest!!!!!!!! like luggage tags and passport covers!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 meghan

meghan
        • 832 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

I think it is a good idea to send out invites. My question is, when should formal invites be sent out?

#15 merocket59

merocket59
          • 937 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

A few months before the wedding, 2-3

#16 Natural

Natural
            • 218 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

I'm not sending STDs, I've decided to send passport invitations that have all the information guests will need for now. Later I will send out a Newsletter as a reminder closer to deadlines and such.

I would say just send out the "Thank you for booking"invites and call it a day...
              Life is too short to be serious...so laugh a little

http://tickers.Ticke....hYF/weight.png

http://tickers.Ticke....o/exercise.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users