Should I send Invitations?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ceci21

• 44 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

I need to get some feedback from cruise brides concerning invitations. I sent out my STD back in April for my wedding in October 2009...most of my guest (approximately 50) have booked their cruise already. My question is...Should I send out formal invitations as well?

Your thoughts.......

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Jenamie

• 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:31 AM

I would say no, save your money and just send out wedding anouncements when you get married, but thats just my oppinon

#3 heartbeat

• 228 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

I'm not a cruise bride but i would have to agree with Jenamie.... if pple have already booked then you should just save some money.....unless your std's said something like formal invites would fallow....

#4 itsfinallyhere

• 573 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

I would send them out. They are not just invites they are keepsakes and momentos. They are not presented the same way or look the same. They will slao give you guests their first impression of the wedding. How formal? What your colors are, etc. STD are great but tend to be more casual.

#5 npaterson

• 49 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

I wouldn't send out any invites. You said a majority of your guests already booked their trip. If anything, I look into just sending out an announcement. You could even do something yourself to save even more money.

#6 JOSIE

• 1,792 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

I'm not a cruise bride, but I'm sending formal invites to those who have already booked....because like a dummy i put on my STD's "formal invite to follow".....so i feel like i have to!

i think it would be fine if you didnt though!

#7 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

I would send out invitations - most people expect them after a save the date

#8 hunniebee724

• 340 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'm not putting "formal invitation will follow" on my save the dates. I have time, but I'll probably only send invitations to our parents (for a keepsake) and people who haven't booked yet. I figure the purpose of the invitation is to RSVP, and if they've already booked, we know they're coming.

#9 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

Ok I'm in the minority on this one. I would def send out invites. As some ppl stated invites are like a keepsake. I have alotta ppl who aren't attending my wedding but will probably keep the invites forever (mainly bc Ana DeRoux did an amazing job :-) ).
                    But I did thing differently. I didn't send out STDs just invites 11 months in advance... All of my group has booked at this point thou...
                    Good Luck.

#10 JaimeandBrandon

• 370 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

hmmm... i'm a cruise bride but i didn't even think about this!! Maybe you could send out invitations but instead of it saying something like "So and So request the honor of your presence at their wedding" you could say "So and So are honored you will be joining them in celebration of their wedding"... and then just put the port information and maybe an updated schedule of events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users