Photo

Weather in February & Bugs???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jamaica2010ms

jamaica2010ms
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

So, there may be a better place to search for this, but I thought why not ask people that have been there before?

So, what temps can we expect for February in Negril? Highs/lows, showers, rain, etc.?

And I keep hearing things on Trip Advisor about sandflies and other biting creatures...is this true, or blown out of proportion? Kind of important if one is considering a beach reception....

Thanks!

#2 LadyD

LadyD
    • 108 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

Hey Jamaica2010ms,

Not sure about bugs and sandflies. But here is a link that breaks down how the weather may be month by month. Hope this helps.

Weather in Jamaica in February | jamaica-guide.info
      Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#3 jamaica2010ms

jamaica2010ms
      • 46 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

Thanks so much, that is really cool.

Now just wondering about bugs....lots of reviews on TripAdvisor have things about bugs....so not too sure how to take that.

#4 chicklet

chicklet
        • 718 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

I was there end of jan and think the bug bit is blown out of proportion. I had a couple bites on my legs but nothing to worry about. You will notice it a little more if you are on the beach (we were our second week). Just take some off and you should be ok.

#5 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

I was only there during the day off our wedding cruise in February. It poured rain so there were no bugs. But it was still super humid even though the temps were lower, it was cloudy and rainy.

#6 shyk3

shyk3
            • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

As far as bugs, on my first trip to Jamaica, I was eaten alive by sand fleas! Anything that bites seems to be drawn to me, so I had huge welts on my legs. As long as you don't sit on uncharted sand at night, you should be fine.

My next two trips to JA, we stayed at AI resorts where the beaches were combed daily and I didn't have any problems other than the occasional mosquito bite. Just bring spray and you should be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users