Photo

April 2010 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#1551 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Well I know the guys all wanted to drag FI down to Vegas (he's got no interest in going... actually either do I) but money was an issue for everyone.

And here's something scary - neither one of us has any clue what our friends are planning, except to know that they are indeed planning!!! The girls & guys have all been exceptional at asking small and random details to find out what they need to know, without letting on about what they're actually doing.

I'm not sure whether they are planning to have the activities for both of us on the same day/night but everyone that is in both sides of the party are all friends anyways so there probably is some coordination going on. Otherwise I'd need the girls around with many bottles of wine on hand when the guys go out so that I'm not thinking of all the trouble they're getting him into!!! LOL!

#1552 jk1101

jk1101
    • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by caribbeanLover
      Your Fi went to vegas for his bachelor?! lol We watched the hang over movie, I told him he was allowed..not that any of his friends or us have the money for that!
      When and what are you doing for yours?
      We watched Hangover too - FI has never been to Vegas - none of his friends can go to do a Bachelor party though...same thing!

#1553 Melidell

Melidell
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SuzyQ76
        My bachelorette will not be very exciting... if anything at all! The girls now want to plan a trip to Vegas, but that won't be until after the wedding. We may go out here in Calgary but most every one lives away so it'll be hard...We'll prob just do something when we're in Mexico and everyone is together...plus I haven't been out at a bar or dancing for 2 years so I seriously won't know what to do with myself...plus my alcohol tolerance is now zero after having a kid, so things could get really messy!! lol

I know I'm boring... :o) I used to be cool!! lol

What's everyone else doing?? Just so I can live vicariously through you all! lol
        Oh... my MOH is just as excited about the bachelorette party as she is about the wedding I think. We're just going down to the (only) bar here- it's pretty crazy there so we'll have a good time, I guess. I'm dreading it in a way because I know she'll do all the stereotypical embarrassing stuff. I told her that I draw the line at penis straws, though. On the plus side I rarely go out so I plan to make a real disgrace of myself- FI will come and pick us all up when we're done and make sure we get home okay.

He's just going to watch some strippers with his buddies in Halifax, I think (at Ralphs- you know where I mean Suzy lol). He tells me strippers are traditional lol (not that I really mind).
        Loving married life!

#1554 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
        • 484 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Melidell
          Oh... my MOH is just as excited about the bachelorette party as she is about the wedding I think. We're just going down to the (only) bar here- it's pretty crazy there so we'll have a good time, I guess. I'm dreading it in a way because I know she'll do all the stereotypical embarrassing stuff. I told her that I draw the line at penis straws, though. On the plus side I rarely go out so I plan to make a real disgrace of myself- FI will come and pick us all up when we're done and make sure we get home okay.

He's just going to watch some strippers with his buddies in Halifax, I think (at Ralphs- you know where I mean Suzy lol). He tells me strippers are traditional lol (not that I really mind).
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! you made me laugh totally out loud!
          Strippers at Ralph's!! You will not have anything to worry about at all!! lol
          From what I hear, they are...well how can I put this correct...nothing you would shake a stick at?? lol or shake anything else at for that matter!! haha
          That is sooooo funny!! I don't really care about strippers either! If a guy feels the need to look at naked TaTa's he's going to do it whether it's in person or online! lol

Oh that was good, my abs hurt from laughing at that one! :o)
          Thanks!
          Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
          Grand Riviera Princess

http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
          My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

#1555 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
          • 949 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:56 PM

both my shower and bachelorette parties are getting planned right now and i can't figure out if i'm excited or not! i don't really enjoy being the center of attention and the thought of sitting in front of all these people and opening presents does not sound appealing at all!

J's bachelor party is going to be amazing though. his BM rented out a hall and is having a band come play. the whole thing is going to be a roast... so everyone will have a chance to get up and tell embarassing stories about him! that's basically all he and his friends do when they get together anyway, so it'll be perfect for him!

also.. has anyone noticed how many more posts we have than the may brides?? i think it's funny, we must be a chatty bunch!

#1556 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
            • 1,619 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!! I never noticed but thats so funny! we all get along real we what can we say! lol
              I'll bit a tad sad when the wedding is over.. .What we will have to talk about, and where would we talk? lol

Souds like a the FI are going to have fun with thier parties.
              The ones who are going out (brides), look at it as we don't do it often, try to make the best of it. And chances of seeing other people who are seeing you make a fool of yourself will be un likely.
              http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
              Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
              Happily ever after...

#1557 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

LOL yes we are a chatty bunch!!! I love it!!!

And here's a great image for you.... since I specifically requested NOT to do the whole bar thing with all the screaming and squealing etc (EEEK!) my compromise was that I would willingly wear a pink tutu if that would satisfy their needs of making me look like an idiot!

PLUS, since I got so many extra table runners/sashes when I bought mine (used from another local bride) my sister is planning to bedazzle a bunch of them - or maybe just mine, not sure - to wear as sashes like Miss America!!! That part has me pretty excited because its totally more the way that I am.

#1558 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                • 949 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:15 PM

oh man meghan.. my MOH is doing the same thing!! EVERYONE is going to have a sash. she is beyond excited about getting to plan this so i'm letting her run with her ideas!

i went to my SIL's party back in the fall and it opened my eyes to how infectious bachelorette party craziness is! before i went i wasn't into all of the cheesy decorations and penis straws, but for some reason when i was there we all got into it! hopefully that's just what happens for everyone!

#1559 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                  • 949 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

oh and tracy.. this thread won't go anywhere after april is over.. we can all keep in touch! plus.. if people don't stick around for us late-april ladies, i'll be very sad!

#1560 Melidell

Melidell
                    • 1,091 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SuzyQ76
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! you made me laugh totally out loud!
                      Strippers at Ralph's!! You will not have anything to worry about at all!! lol
                      From what I hear, they are...well how can I put this correct...nothing you would shake a stick at?? lol or shake anything else at for that matter!! haha
                      That is sooooo funny!! I don't really care about strippers either! If a guy feels the need to look at naked TaTa's he's going to do it whether it's in person or online! lol

Oh that was good, my abs hurt from laughing at that one! :o)
                      Thanks!
                      Yeah- I thought you'd get a kick out of that
                      both my shower and bachelorette parties are getting planned right now and i can't figure out if i'm excited or not! i don't really enjoy being the center of attention and the thought of sitting in front of all these people and opening presents does not sound appealing at all!

J's bachelor party is going to be amazing though. his BM rented out a hall and is having a band come play. the whole thing is going to be a roast... so everyone will have a chance to get up and tell embarassing stories about him! that's basically all he and his friends do when they get together anyway, so it'll be perfect for him!

also.. has anyone noticed how many more posts we have than the may brides?? i think it's funny, we must be a chatty bunch!
                      I'm sure you'll have a great time- you'll get into it when the time comes. Or you could just drink you're way through like I plan to
                      LOL!!!!!!!!!! I never noticed but thats so funny! we all get along real we what can we say! lol
                      I'll bit a tad sad when the wedding is over.. .What we will have to talk about, and where would we talk? lol

Souds like a the FI are going to have fun with thier parties.
                      The ones who are going out (brides), look at it as we don't do it often, try to make the best of it. And chances of seeing other people who are seeing you make a fool of yourself will be un likely.
                      We'll still have lots to talk about, don't you worry! We'll be busy admiring each others pictures for a while, and after that I'm sure we'll find something.

Unfortunately I'm in a really small town, so everyone will likely see me make an ass of myself. I'm fine with that, though, I'm pretty conservative most of the time and it's pretty expected.
                      Loving married life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users